jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

New hub published. Comment received, but no traffic?

1. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

I have just published a new hub.  Someone has already commented but there is no traffic in my stats.  This cant be right.  Is there a problem?

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

I'm really not sure about the traffic and how current it is. Sometimes it takes mine a while to catch up. Like I said I'm trying not to worry about it cause it can make you nuts if you watch the numbers too closely. Give it a bit and then see what happens. If by tomorrow there is still no traffic showing then I would say contact the HubTeam.

shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It seems to be updating cos you left a comment - I know you are right, I just get worried that I might have done something else wrong.  Ive made a few mistakes lately and don't want any further penalty. 

Thanks for your support Lynne, you are a good one!

3. profile image0

Thanks Shaz and here is maybe an answer to the problem. My google seems to get crawled in the middle of the week well with the site glitches going on it got crawled and then blocked hubpages as not found in my site statistics analysis on google analytics so what that means is until it is crawled again at the middle of this next week nothing is really registering to me on my google analytics other than my othere blogs.

Not sure if that is what is going on with yours as well but seems to be the issue with mine. I would think that hub traffic would register though so maybe there are still some glitches that need to be worked out. I initially was going to wait until the mid of week to post new hubs after google crawled it again but I had these two ready to go.

So now in my google it is showing everything that indexed from the 12th to now as not found. It is very frustrating to say the least.

spooks in the works.  Yesterday, there was a temporary maintainence on hubpages.  It didnt go off for long, but about half hour.  They must be having quite a lot of trouble.

x

4. profile image0

Yeah, now the issue becomes do I go ahead and create more new hubs to have them indexed by the next crawl or do I wait until the end of next week and see a virtual drop in rank and ratings happen.

This is a difficult one.  I suppose it does not harm to keep writing and then block hub them. 

Seems my problem has been resolved and hub team have confirmed that they were having trouble with traffic.  They have been working hard to resolve this.

Keep me posted on this hon x

working