How Has The Recession Affected You?

1. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

Have you been a victim of the recession? Have you had to make cuts in spending or changed the way you live? Do you think it's over or do you think there's more pain to come.

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image87
    Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago

Yeah, I was laid off in August.  I have been half-heartedly looking for a job, but fortunately I have some savings and investments to help carry me for awhile, since there really isn't much available right now.  I used to work the job fairs as a hiring manager, and now the one I went to and the others that get covered on the news each time have many more times the amount of applicants show up than normal.  I don't need to fight that battle yet.

We, of course, have made some cuts to make the emergency fund last longer, but we were fortunate to have already reduced several monthly bills including the mortgage over the first few months of the year.  Things just fell into place, so we've been lucky in that regard.

I do not think it is over, and I do feel that things are going to get worse on the whole.  There may be pockets of recovery, but other areas are going to continue to suffer or even decline further.