jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Re: Url tracker and the "tour" and "join" pages

1. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 7 years ago

I have yet to figure out if I need to, and if I do, how to add a url tracker to the hubpages "tour" and "join" pages.  I want to add a final paragraph to my profile inviting people to take the tour and join.  Do I just create a link with the appropriate url, or do I have to add my url tracker in order to get credit for it?

I've already tried adding the url tracker, but the link goes to a "sorry we can't find this page" page. I would appreciate any help you can provide as I am really dazed and confused.  Thanks in advance!

1. The_Boss profile image74
      The_Bossposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If I'm reading your request right, you should try scrolling to the bottom of the page you want to link to then click 'Link to this page' at the very bottom next to the 'advertise' and 'copyright' buttons.

1. profile image0
        PWalker281posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Boss, thanks for the suggestion.  I just noticed that "link to this page button" at the bottom of a forum page, and was about to post another ? about it.  I'm trying to get to the main hubpages page while I'm signed in and can't seem to get to it.  From there I'd click the quick tour and look for the link at the bottom of the page.  But I can't seem to navigate to it. Is there a way to? Thanks in advance!

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

You will need your url tracker to get credit.  Just make sure your tracker is preceded with an underscore.  So, if your tracker code is "pwalker" then you would place "_pwalker"  for instance to follow a track to this forum post I could use my tracker of livewithrichard and it would look like this:

http://hubpages.com/_livewithrichard/fo … post/27389

place your tracker after the .com/ and before the next locator /forum or /hub

3. profile image0
    PWalker281posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the quick response, Richard.  I think there may have been a space somewhere in the url that I tried with the tracker added (I copied it from notepad).  I tried it again with the simplest url (the Hubpages homepage) and it worked.  Thanks, again!

4. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

how did you edit html in your profile? i tried to do that but was unsuccessful...

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cosette, editing the html in the profile is the same as editing it in a text module on your hubs.  Just highlight the text you want to link to and click on the link icon to add the url.

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

aha...thanks!

working