jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Email addresses from non-hubbers

1. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Just want to ask advice from more other hubbers here - I've been getting comments that ask for more information from non-hubbers. Then they leave their email addresses for me to email them. How do you respond to this type of request or do you respond at all? Any advice will be very welcome. Thanks!

1. Eileen Hughes profile image82
      Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Delete them, I would,

1. bukan profile image60
        bukanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry i do not delete all one, try to contact them in forum but directly i never mail them

2. emievil profile image84

I forgot to add - those that leave their addresses want to ask for my help (like an advice, more information or something). I just don't want to email them because I don't want to expose my email address to somebody I do not really know.

Thanks Eileen and bukan for your answers.

3. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

Set up a seperate email for these inquiries.  Set it up in yahoo or other general email with a decent spam filter.  But make sure you have a good/up-to-date spyware program on your computer and if the inquiry doesn't ask pertinent questions, delete it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That would be my advice too, if you think the enquiry is genuine.  I've had one or two enquiries but the emails never sound quite sincere, so I've never risked replying.

4. emievil profile image84

Thanks The Rope and Marisa. I don't think my spyware program is up-to-date sad. I just replied in my hubs (on one of them at least) that they can refer to the links I included, which contain more info than my hubs.

5. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

You should also check out whspr!

I haven't personally used it, but I've read good reviews.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

That www.whspr.me is exactly what you need. Go check it out, it's for ppl who don't want to give out their email address but they need to contact someone.