jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What does signups in referral tracker mean?

1. harrisdy profile image61
    harrisdyposted 6 years ago

Hi fellow hubbers,

I got confused on this referral tracker. When I created the referral link tracker that allows new members to sign up under my network, I can understand that the sign up column will accumulate when people click my link. But I just got 1 signup on a tracking token I created for links to other member's hubs. What does this mean?

Also, if I created a tracking token to the HubPages homepage, am I expecting to have signups as well? If so, how does this work?

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you direct traffic to hubpages using your tracker, if they sign up at any point they are your referral, regardless of your intended use for each tracker

1. The_Boss profile image61
        The_Bossposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a helpful post smile

2. Jackson Riddle profile image71
    Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago

Also, if people sign up to hub pages after clicking on one of your trackers 10% of the time your adsense ads will be on their hub so you can earn money from them. They still get their 60% of ad's but Hubpages usually takes 40% commision, if this is the case however hubpages only recieves 30%.

3. harrisdy profile image61
    harrisdyposted 6 years ago

wow... i did't realized the tracking token is all purpose. Great news! Thanks guys!

4. John Dove profile image82
    John Doveposted 6 years ago

Where in the HubPages tutorials/lessons, etc....can you learn all about the tracker?