jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you widget? Why or why not?

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image81
    Ryan Hupferposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/u/2124206.png <--- Da' Widget

After finding out that it's not real easy to find your widget here on HubPages(which for some reason I just noticed), I wrote up a blog post that will hopefully make it easier for all of the Hubbers out there to not only find their widget, but also how to go about adding it to a blog or website. I also talk a little bit about why using the HubPages widget is a pretty good idea.

Check it out here and be sure to let me know if you've ever thought about using your HubPages widget and why or why not >>

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Yes I widget all the time.  I just wish it was possible to make it longer (yes, I know you can change the size, but it doesn't cause more Hubs to be listed).

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

thank you for posting this. I have tried to add my widget to my website and can't figure it out!  I will go read it because I do have questions. smile

4. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Yep, I widget.

5. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Widgets are okay, but I tend to use the RSS feed more.

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I haven't been using my widget. How could i miss this shameless wonderful tool of self-promotion. I have been busy creating more parts of "nelle's online kingdom" and I shall add these widgets. That's actually a great Idea! Thanks for the reminder!!!!

7. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I've got widgets wherever widgets are allowed.  smile  Why - because they can add a little something different to a page full of writing and ads, they look "official", they do invite someone to click if something catches their eye and - besides - why not?

8. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Appreciate the info, Ryan.  Didn't even know HP had a widget.

Not that it matters a lot to me personally at the moment.  My website will disappear from the web very shortly--not worth renewing with the current web host, and I'm way too lazy to set up with a new one.

Once that (the website) is gone, HP will truly be the only place I'm writing.  Which is fine by me; I'm a deadly dude with laser focus but don't multitask worth squat. lol

9. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Yes I do have these widgets on my blogs. The design/appearance  of the widget is good; especially once you pick the right one and find the right place to place it.

Does the widget work like a referral tracker because I noticed our that Hub name is in the code? I have been puzzled about that for a while.