jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon question

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I haven't received any clicks or sales from Amazon, even though people have told me they're purchased stuff from my hubs. I thought it was strange that I hadn't received a single click, since the hubs with products have received several thousands of page views. I emailed Amazon, and they said it was because I put www.hubpages.com in their URL. Okay, I'm not tech savvy. What was I supposed to have put there? The URL to my profile page on HP? Thanks for responding!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh habee, you must have put the url of your profile page

2. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh snap, that is what they told you.  There was another thread opened a couple days ago about amazon. 

I guess they changed their cookie so it expires as soon as someone leaves the site.  It used to be a 24hour cookie so they could leave and come back, purchase and you would get the commission. 

Not anymore.  However if it is isolated to hubpages, we should ask hubpages why?  It sucks though because I have only gotten one sale this month. 

My average is not that impressive but it is usually up around 20-30 a month. sad

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure I used the my profile page for the url. 

Did you follow Hubpages guide when you applied for Amazon?  They tell you step by step what to do.

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

No, PDH, I put www.hubpages.com. What I supposed to have put??

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

url of your profile page, thats what I did

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Thanks!

working