jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Black bars on my hubs that go to adcenter?

1. Skip Charles profile image59
    Skip Charlesposted 6 years ago

Curious why I have started noticing random black bars on my hubs that when clicked go to MSN adcenter?

Anyone else notice this?

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would stop clicking them if I were you. I have noticed them as PART of an MSN ad group, Adsense are allowing other affiliate networks to compete for their space.

Keep on clicking and you wont have an adsense account!

1. Skip Charles profile image59
        Skip Charlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I just clicked on 2 of them to see why they were there and won't click on them again.

It just looks ugly and is certainly not an ad. It's just a black bar. lol

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've noticed these big black bars too, and I don't like them either.  However, I trust HP to know what they're doing with ads.

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The MSN ads are just that MSN ads, they are not one of the publisher networks sharing with adsense. The adsense ones will still say "google" regardless of who the originating server is.

Hubpages is doing a trial and testing msn ads in their share of the impressions, it was mentioned on a thread once upon a time by a hubstaff member..I think Paul D...not sure though

I hate them, I have yet to see one that is even a little bit targetted, on my hubs and others,,its always "lose weight now" and "get whiter teeth"...its not my ad impression, but I still care because those topics can make a hub seem less authentic.I have a couple on more serious topics that having these particular ads is certainly bad for my business

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Ryan..here is a thread relating to those big ads we saw last week (not msn)

PAul Deeds comment almost 8 months ago regarding msn ads

The Microsoft Pubcenter (MSN) ads only appear in the HubPages share of impressions, and they are allowed to be mixed with AdSense on the same page.  It is a relatively new program from Microsoft, and they are not currently equipped to pay small publishers.  So, unfortunately we can not offer it as an option for HubPages authors at this time.
    Posted 8 months ago