jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Very Little Content

1. Fudbucket profile image62
    Fudbucketposted 7 years ago

Hello, newbie here, have just tried to publish my first hub and have fallen at the first fence. What I am trying to publish is a comic strip which I have in a single JPEG format, in short my hub consists of one picture. I did put a little bit of text under it (one sentence), but it is not being allowed due to lack of content. Before I try filling it out, can someone tell me what the minimum amount is that you can have on a hub - or - If I break the strip up to contain six individual JPEGS and put it in a slide show, would that be enough?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes it probably would, with or without the slide show.  Put each one in a separate photo capsule and caption each one.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You're going to need to produce written content for the automated filter to allow you to publish.  Just images isn't going to do it.

I think you'll need at least 100 words, but I know from my own Hubs that if you can do more, you'll actually stand a better chance of the search engines taking note of the page.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Fudbucket, Relache has a point - you're going to have trouble getting noticed by search engines with just one image, because it will only come up in image searches.

If you're happy with just a Hubber audience, that may not matter to you, but if you want to attract more readers, you need to give some thought to how you're going to create a larger internet footprint.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Maybe write a background to the strip and even write a description so that the blind can know what is going on?

5. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

Honestly, Hubpages is not the best place to post comicstrips.  If the comic is your own creation, there are plenty of other websites that will provide hosting services for your webcomic and give you better traffic.  If you're interested, I could share some with you.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Tapping into a community that is right into it, and already attracting an audience, would be the best way to go.

If I were Fudbucket I'd be dropping you a line Len.

6. Fudbucket profile image62

Thanks guys, all information understood and inwardly digested. Can you also tell me if there is a maximum amount of content I can put in? I intend to re-write one of my old short stories to put up, can't remember the rough word count, but I do remember it filled six pages of A4.

7. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

No upper word/charactter count limit.

Fiction doesn't do all that well online in terms of advertising revenue. It's the nature of the online world. When people search, they're mainly searching for answers to questions or information.

I wouldn't dismiss it completely, but just letting you know which way the monetization leans.

8. Fudbucket profile image62

Understood, but it's what I do best. I do have one or two ideas for non fiction hubs so I'll be doing those as well.

working