I have decided to stop because of a guy who insulted me with racism

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. thecounterpunch profile image59
    thecounterpunchposted 16 years ago

It was on this post:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Mossad_Agents_k … operations

I'm fed up to work and investige for the people because the journalists don't do their work. But since someone insulted me with his anti-french insult, I'm going to say Farewell for all theCounterpunch hubpages.

I will just do one more post tomorrow since I have to answer to the last remark.

1. jimmythejock profile image84
      jimmythejockposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I have had many a derogatory comment made on alot of my hubs, from alot of different people,although i wouldn't consider them racist even when they have abused my Scottish ness, i just don't allow the comments, and get on with it, you are publishing on the web, people are people and will leave remarks just so that they can look cool or to try and cause controversy.

Keep posting hubs Counterpunch, your pages are always an interesting read.
      ignore and dont show ignorant comments and dont take anything said in the comment boxes to heart.....jimmy

thecounterpunchposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jimmy. I will continue to post a little. Notably I have some big informations about Children who are kidnapped: it's really sad and above all it's really big ... even bigger than the drug business. I know you are sensitive about this subject, it's important that everybody learn about it because it is international network.

After that I will probably stop because I have so many other things to do ... and sadly I don't think it's worth that I continue but if others want to, all I have posted is not just something I have collected in a few hours, it's research that have been accumulated over 10 years and condensed in a few hundred hubpages.

2. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

If you could copy and paste the 'anti-French' and 'racist' remark here I'd like to see what it says.

I had a look through the comments and it must have slipped by me.

3. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

I read through the discussion in the comment boxes and exactly where were you attacked with an anti-french insult?

Where is the racism?

The guy said : "Between that and the photos you featured it seems possible there's some antisemitism at play here, n'est pas? "

"n'est pas?" is a french expression meaning "isn't it ?". So he said "it seems possible there's some antisemitism at play here, isn't it". Since he used a french expression, he implicitly accused me to be possibly antisemitic because I am french: this is just FRENCH RACISM. I really don't appreciate because if there is something that I hate is antisemitism that's why I made so many post about Nazism and their nasty ideology against jews.

1. darkside profile image65
        darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

So by asking someone if they are racist it means that they themselves are racist?

All I can say is if this one discussion on the internet makes you feel like picking up your bat and ball and going home then online publishing isn't really for you.

If you do decide to stick around you better grow a thick hide because you'll never please all the people all the time.

I aspire to pleasing 40% of the people most of the time.

Oh sure of course you don't know what insinuation means .... do you ? I do not insinuate that you are stupid, I will just ask you: are you stupid ? are you also a french racist ? Amazing big_smile

Because don't faint to ignore that american medias like to portrait french as anti-freedom lover - so that french fries have been renamed remember ? - and also antisemitic. So you see ... I don't like much these racist propaganda ... that exist on both side because french medias do portrait americans as imperialists and fascists. So if you are idiot enough to believe the medias you have my contempt ... that you are french or american.

You seem to drag in a lot of other things and manage to hook it onto the meaning of what the person may or may not have implied.

For someone so sensitive about what other people might mean you certainly don't leave much to the imagination when you criticise the person. As opposed to Guru-C who was criticising the article.

You realise that you too believe the media. When it suits your own purpose.

4. Guru-C profile image76
    Guru-Cposted 16 years ago

I would like to settle this argument since it seems I was the one who started it. 

1)  When I used the phrase, "n'est pas" I was simply using a little bit of my high school French, since Counterpoint, who is French, has gone through the trouble of writing in English.  2) When I asked if there was any anti-semitism at play, it was because of two things:  one was of using an article that was journalistically weak to attempt to prove that the Israeli organization Mossad was murdering Australians to use their identification as fake Al Qaeda operatives; and the second was using a photo Mossad tee shirts with the star of David to illustrate the article.  3)  Counterpunch counterpunched by going into my hubpages and stating that since I had an article about my love of Kabbalah, that my "blind following" of my Jewish mysticism caused me to determine that he was anti-semitic.  He also called my words "unintelligent" and "like speaking to an alien". 

Counterpunch, there is no anti-French sentiment.  My husband just ordered me a big bottle of Chanel perfume online.  If I were anti-French, I wouldn't have allowed it.  I studied French.  I love visiting France.  Vive le France.

All I was suggesting was that you check your sources and rely on fact, rather than inference to make your point. There is no need to be insulting.

5. thecounterpunch profile image59

"one was of using an article that was journalistically weak to attempt to prove that the Israeli organization Mossad was murdering Australians"

Sorry, I trust more people's testimonies that the cover-up of mainstream medias. The guy who wrote the article is a direct friend of the one who disappeared. And what the guy reported was from a gov security man named Tom who said:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Mossad_Agents_k … operations

“These mossad run gangs like to throw there victims off of tour boats they do a lot of operations off the southern coast of Thailand and Cambodia” Tom said, as he showed me documentation of 8 people whose bodies where found that ‘disappeared’ like Brian, 5 where Australian.

Zev Barkan.

“This is a real bad guy, vicious. He’s killed a few of the victims himself witnesses have said he likes to personally throw them over board while the boats are moving and then turns around and run the victim over, chopping the victim up with the prop” Tom said

You pretend that it wasn't sure they were from Mossad whereas it is written in black & white even in the mainstream media:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/ … click=true

"The New Zealand Government has named Barkan, Cara and the other convicted man, Uriel Kelman, as Mossad agents."

===

In conclusion pretending that there is antisemitism in the t-shirt photo I posted is very very farfetched, I consider it is an insult from you because I don't know since when criticizing the CIA or the french secret service is being anti-american or anti-french so I don't see why you pretend so for antisemitism. This is intellectual dishonesty, I can't find any excuse for you in my eyes. So farewell, I wish you will evolve one day in your spirituality since it seems to me you have a long way to go.

6. Guru-C profile image76
    Guru-Cposted 16 years ago

Journalistically, hearsay.

I go in peace.

7. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 16 years ago

For what it's worth, I read it and my read is:

- Guru-C was not being anti-French. She said "n'est pas" because she knew The Counterpunch is French. I don't think that's an expression of racism, to know and make a neutral reference to a person's nationality and native language.

- Sometimes an overly critical critique of Israel, while putting on kid's gloves with respect to other countries'/governments' behavior, smacks of a little bias. It can seem that the majority of conspiracy theories seem to target the US and Israel. Whether you believe them or think they're a bunch of baloney is up to you.

- Making ad hominem attacks against other people ("are you stupid?" etc) is a quick way to have your arguments discredited.

- As utterly ridiculous as the entire "freedom fries" renaming was, the French are generally not in a good position to complain that Americans are being unfairly hard on them.

My two cents (US or Euro, depending...) big_smile

8. hedgeek profile image60
    hedgeekposted 16 years ago

All I can say is that from my own experience, I have found that Guru-C is a kind and thoughtful person.  I am certain she was not personally attacking anyone. 

I don't know for certain, but I would guess she didn't like your article and decided to let you know about it.  Keep in mind that you control the comments on your hubs and you can decide to delete them if you don't like them for whatever reason.   

My personal opinion is that if you are going to publish political commentary you need to have a thick skin because you are likely going to offend somebody and they are likely going to let you know about it.

9. thecounterpunch profile image59

"she didn't like your article and decided to let you know about it. "

Another one didn't like my article but he did argue instead of insulting me by asking question such as "Are you an antisemitic" ? Can I ask if "She is an idiot" ?

I have many friends who are leftists and rightists as I am nowhere they do often not agree with them but they're still my friends because they behave as civilized people knowing what a discussion is. I don't consider her as belonging to a civilized group of human beings. She's the kind of person who is looking for war at any occasion she can find.

What happens is that her brain is victim of Cognitive Dissonance like many believers that is Religious or Political. For example what did you learn at school about Nazism ? Surely not this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Banking_with_Hi … iss_Banks_

And when do we learn this ? 60 years after the facts. So you want to wait 60 years to learn what can be known today ?

You think Nazism is past and that Jews won't be persecuted anymore ? Not at all I have information that shows that the next wave of an holocaust will be jews again as well as christians ... this will be for another article. And it organized by the same who financed Nazism so you should better watch the BBC VIDEO above.

Guru-C 1 - thecounterpunch 0

That's my opinion.

10. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

this is getting rediculous, why dont you guys just agree to disagree and get on with writing your hubs.....jimmy
    if you guys want to argue, take it to email

11. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

this forum is named help from fellow hubbers how is arguing going to help anyone ?....jimmy

12. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

This section is designed for Hubbers to help each other with problems or issues they might be having with publishing on the site.

However, you're free to discuss or debate whatever you'd like in The Hubbers' Hangout.

No worries, though.

- Jason

13. thecounterpunch profile image59

Sorry since my last answer I didn't even read this thread anymore: I'm really not interested in silly discussion ...

And forgive me not to have posted in hangout in the first place, it was just an error.

14. silverstar8 profile image61
    silverstar8posted 16 years ago

glad to see you are still posting.. counterpunch....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)