jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Question about page views:

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I've noticed with a few hubs that for a month they might not get many hits, and then all of a sudden, they start getting outside traffic. Does this mean they've gone up in google rank or that they've maybe just been indexed? Thoughts? Ideas? Nasty comments?

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I'm actually experiencing an influx in fluctuation too. It could be due to increased traffic or any number of things.

I've got one strange one that hits at the top of my keywords searched that I never thought would really generate much but it is extremely popular here lately.

3. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I expect its google taking its time in some cases, could also be that you are getting a few organic back links from web masters who find your articles and think their visitors might like it as a good outgoing link or something! big_smile Either way its always fun to see some hub you didn't know what to do with crawling or shooting its way up.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

True. Thanks, Lynne and Kirsten!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks habee for asking this, now I know! thanks to all

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

You're welcome, PDH!

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Something else kinda strange - I've been getting a lot of hits on my Halloween hubs. Are people already gearing up for next Halloween? lol.

7. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you check your Analytics, you can also see where people are coming from when they visit, which is a great way to find when other people have linked to your Hubs.

8. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Google tend to index pages from HubPages.com very quickly, be it hubs, profile pages or forum posts. A page just indexed would rank at some 600th position in many cases.

So, most probably your hub has gained a higher rank in Google.

9. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

It could just be seasonal search traffic. Or maybe an event are making thousands search all at once. This leads to some that get out to page 2, 3, 4 ,5 + in the search results what "normal" traffic never venture out into!

10. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

There are way to many variables to make a guess.

As relache said there is no reason to be guessing, between your traffic sources visible via hubs and analytics detailed breakdowns, you should know exactly why that traffic is arriving.

If its a relatively new hub, than sure, your first spike in traffic is related to being indexed, if its an older established articles, that spike most likely relates to someone referencing your article  with a link in a  forum or well trafficked article.

..it really depends on scope anyway, are you going from a couple of dozen views a week/day to hundreds of views a /weekday

from 0 to 10?..no need to answer, what volume of traffic do you consider worth your curiosity?