jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Amazon affiliate code

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

Is the code that I enter on my affiliate page the same as my "tracking id" on Amazon Affiliates?  I signed up, but the directions said I would receive a pin right away.  I'm not sure if I missed something or not.

Very new to this... Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

1. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No it's a different one from Amazon. You have to apply for adsense affiliates and they will then send the instruction with your ID.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, your tracking ID is your affiliate ID. Not sure about the pin thing though - I did mine ages ago and I can't remember that bit smile

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
        ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  So, I just enter that "tracking ID" on my affilliates page in the blank box next to Amazon?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I recently read something about ad sense sending out a pin number in the snail mail. I have not received mine but knowledge is half the battle lol I will definitely be keeping my eye on the post so I don't lose out on any clicks by taking to long to follow its instructions and use it however one does that big_smile

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They send you this once your earnings reach $10 mark. If it has been sent and you haven't received it, then apply for it again as if not entered in 6 months will result in disabling of account.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … _query=PIN

3. ThoughtfulSpot profile image81
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone! I think I'm all straightened out now.  Now if I can just learn the 1,000 other things I need to know about Hubpages, I'll be all set.  smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Reading all the help pages and some of the hubs by people like Darkside should get you up to speed.

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

once the code is inserted into the affiliate box, and it says SET, does that mean it is active?  I have checked mine and still there are no clicks, nothing. can anyone help?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Yes, it's working. Mine says set and I have sold some items on Amazon.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks susan for a quick reply, I asked on another thread today, but I guess it got buried as no one answered.

I guess at some point someone will click on something, I don't have it on all of my hubs, do you?  I spent so much time selecting the items also... sad      the early learning phase...

working