jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Is this a good format for my powwow hub?

1. Austinstar profile image76
    Austinstarposted 6 years ago

I wasn't sure how to use any of the design elements and I would be grateful if anyone can take a look and make some suggestions for the layout.
    Lela Cargill, MLS

1. Ohma profile image81
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great Hub, I like the way it flows together. The only thing I would consider adding is what purpose the powwow serves to native Americans. Is it a party, a family gathering, a spiritual celebration or...........?

Austinstarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Powwow is simply a gathering of the tribes. The dancing is spiritual and traditional. It's kind of like a fair.

2. Google Gal profile image60
      Google Galposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like it , not too much, not too little , seems real nice to me

2. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Just read your Hub, and it looks like a great format to me.  You'll no doubt get some detailed suggestions from other readers, but I was too busy enjoying your finished product to nitpick! big_smile

3. creation75 profile image11
    creation75posted 6 years ago

According to me it is not a perfect layout. You should not put picture capsule at the beginning. At first keep the text capsule then picture.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile Wow! awesome Hub! I must agree that the layout is hard to follow when broken up with pics and amazon but you can move them to the side wink also when to the side, you can highlight the background of your amazon capsules big_smile look for the little colored squares. Information is accurate too. Also, focus your tags more to include recreation, entertainment, event, community, indigenous peoples,regional-international event. Bravo!

Austinstarposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm still trying to figure out to make those side bars. Got some tips?

5. bukan profile image60
    bukanposted 6 years ago

Its a great format for me and others also, Thanks for this post to aware of us Pow Wow, i respect that game.

6. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

I see not a reason to worry! And again, a hearty welcome to HP!

7. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Great Hub, but I wouldn't start it with a big photo.  People who find it via a search engine may not scroll down and see your text. 

If you look at a photo capsule, you'll see you can float them right by clicking on the little green arrow. I'd do that with the photos, which will make your text flow better.  I know it is tempting to leave them big so you can see the detail - but if you have more than 5 photos, people will be able to click and see a slideshow of the full-size images anyway.

Same goes for your Amazon capsules unless they're at the bottom of the Hub, before the comments.

8. Austinstar profile image76
    Austinstarposted 6 years ago

I finally figured out how to move the photo capsule up or down into the text capsule! Yay! I think it looks much nicer now.

9. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

It can also be quite a addiction for dancers and other participants since there's always a Pow Wow going on somewhere and people plot and travel a trail wink

10. travelespresso profile image83
    travelespressoposted 6 years ago

Great hub.  I enjoyed reading it because of the way you've broken up the information.  Well done.

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

I would suggest putting an amazon capsule on the right side of the list of Indian food, since there is so much open space there. You could use the key words for Native American recipe books so it would be relevant.