Experts say radical measures won't stop swine flu

1. 0
    bloodnlatexposted 6 years ago

Look, I've had the dreaded swine flu, and so did my kids.  I'm still here, and so are they.  It's really no different than any other flu, it just carries other symtoms that you need to be aware of.  In my case I got a bad sore throat, a bad cough and my sinuses were draining down my throat.  My doctor told me that as long I stayed on top of it I'd be fine.  I just drank a ton of Gatoraide, took Motrin to keep the fever down and made sure that the mucus from my sinuses didn't get in my lungs.  My fever was gone in 4 days and I was living back in Glorytown.  My kids were pretty much the same.

2. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

My kids have had the "flu" but neither were tested.  Unfortunately, both of theirs turned into pneumonia or bronchitis.  One lives at home, the other at college. It was a longer haul because the pneumonia turned up about 10 days after they'd "recovered" from the flu.  My hubby & I did not catch it (whew)!  What ever was going around at our middle school has run its course.  The clinics have slowed back down to a normal pace.  The media seems to be pumping it up.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

I hope all of your children and you guys will feel better soon, I have a colds for the past three days, but not the flu, hmmmm, I dont think the government can ever stop the flu pandemic if we gonna have one, it is up to the households to take care fo themselves, precautions and safety measures, avoid going out in public places if you can sort of those things..