Getting hubs on the web

1. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

Hi I have been publishing my hubs to the web over the last couple of weeks. Yet they do not show up on the web. I have tried rewritting them, republishing them with different names, modified the content, Even started a hub under a different name. Hubpages says that the hubs are published.   I search for hours and can not find them. They do get published to Hub pages.

Any suggestions. Thanks

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Have you tried copying the url for your hubs and pasting in a search box? If your hubs are not turning up with that trick then yes indeed google has not indexed them yet. Google can take awhile to index new content like new hubs, also sometimes google will drop a hub from its index for a while. I cannot offer you any logic as to why google can sometimes take ages to index a hub or why it might drop a hub from the index but I have read about users having both happen. There seems to be a trend with those hubs, takes forever to get them earning but they are often quite successful after google makes up its mind! Just make sure that your hubs are not duplicated elsewhere (that can happen and when it does google does not know who to penalize so it winds up being you, just copy n paste the first few lines of text into a search and see if someone else has used your text on their site). You also want to have good rich content in those hubs so good text, maybe nice pictures, video never hurts, whatever is relevant to the text, if you fail to provide relevant keywords and tags and the traffic you get bounces you will index with google but rank poorly so just focus on providing something of value to your readers and be patient.

I have loads of hubs that have been up awhile but are only now coming to life. Maybe google didn't know what to make of those hubs or something but I am loving seeing those little red arrows telling me the traffic is on the up. I really must stress having patience, when you check your stats on a hub have a look at the hub metrics, if the page view duration has not been calculated yet you cannot know if the traffic you are getting is reading or bouncing, if google can see your visitors stick around and read it will love you and that takes time to figure out.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages big_smile Constantly changing them doesn't help but slows the process too hmm writing n promotion takes time. Be happy that you are promoting the Hub and it will show up. smile