Rude or Mad Comments You've Received

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (38 posts)
  1. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 14 years ago

I just logged in and checked my comments ... lovely, 4 comments ... so started to read them.

I had to laugh at this one.  It said:

"you all don"t know what you are talking about. This supposed to be fun and good. But every body is trying to rack up money and I am trying to confirm my domain and is geting no help from any of yu. So when I do get it together I am going to look elsewhere for information and not from people who are out for the money, Thank U but no thanks."

Do you know what ...?  Yep, that's going to get a deny.

If he'd just asked a particular question I could have helped, but no.  No, it's easier to have picked on a random person.

So - what rude or mad comments have you received on your hubs?

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love getting Maddie Ruud comments!

1. mandybeau1 profile image59
        mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally anyone relying on clicks for income, is mad mad mad to me anyway...... or sad, it has to be the stupidest method of income I have ever heard of, not withstanding the lamest. So they get all precious, when you get in the way of their 20c.......... Its a real laugh, I have been told not to mess with the adsense process, by one Hubber, who fanned me, then explained that I was not to interrupt her adsense business,  It was when I was registered as Mandybeau  not mandybeau 1  When I was banned for bad behaviour hahahahahaha
        she was wiped by the team and I thankfully lost her.
        I think that the best policy on here is to just laugh at the idiots, and take no notice, they are mostly lifes failures anyway.
        I appreciate your Hubs, and I am worth a zillion of them (Oh the Vanity)
        Mandy

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

The incident that always comes to mind first when people bring up this subject is when a woman once tried to perform an exorcism on me in the comments on one of my hubs.  And we won't go into the nasty names I've been called as a staff member.

1. Anna Erwin profile image60
        Anna Erwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol  too funny!

2. hublim profile image67
        hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too funny

The power of Christ compels you!

3. dejajolie profile image61
        dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, What? Wow!

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why is that funny?

1. dejajolie profile image61
            dejajolieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"an exorcism via comments" that's pretty funny, no?

3. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 14 years ago

OK. You win.

Exorcism beats a minor rant on mine smile

roflmfao ... it makes you wonder where these people come from really doesn't it smile

4. Dr23 profile image59
      Dr23posted 14 years ago

I've had only a handful of comments and only one that I denied.

Nothing special or out of the ordinary, just good ol' spam.

5. Jonathan Janco profile image60
      Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

The only such comments I've received were on the only religion-oriented hub I've written. The subject matter was a bit controversial so I didn't expect every comment to be positive. I got several comments from the same hubber because I responded to her initial comment with my own point of view and she basically tried to turn my comments section into a forum. Some of the attacks were personal and in a roundabout way I believe she was telling me I'll burn in hell. Whatever.
      I also didn't deny the comments because I didn't feel threatened by them. I also wanted my readers to see them for what they were. The one you describe is a bit different: awful spelling, horrible grammar and such and seemed to be attacking you purely because of his disappointment in not finding in your hub what he was looking for.
      There will always be negative comments here and there and I wouldn't let it discourage you if I were you.

6. profile image0
      TMinutposted 14 years ago

Yeah, Maddie, you definitely win! ROFLMAO!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
        Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was on a diet review, for goodness' sake!

1. lakeerieartists profile image63
          lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I thought everyone knew that diets were sacriligious.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO That is hilarious Maddie big_smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
            mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were you Maddie, that would make me "Ruddy Mad" not "Maddie Ruud".... Sorry, couldn't resist big_smile

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
          Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well there are some extremist diet gurus and frustrated dieters out there, tick them off and they'll throw carbs at ya!

7. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I have had some people leave strange, but interesting comments on one of my hubs. How ever, I didn't take offense to it, because it was obvious that the person really didn't take time to read through everything.

However rude the comment was, is irrelevant to my reason for leaving it. If you're interested in see it, as in my response and his re-post of another commment.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Where-Is-Citizen-Protection

And, to this one particular hub, traffic is not a problem, so no I'm not self-promoting, but want to show an example of what I mean.

As for some hubber's view, that they want to continue a discussion on or in the comment section is nuts and should be conducted in the forums.

Either way, I can understand the OP and I wouldn't be surprised if that person, even knew what they were talking about, nevermind the hub they were suppose to be reading.

Thank you for sharing. It is greatly appreciated.

1. earner profile image81
        earnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL - and their username was spot on too!

Seriously, some people need a permit to be on the Internet smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe? lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
            prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi CAGSIL

Hey PDH. How are you today? I hope to fine you doing well. I'm doing just great. lol

2. Jonathan Janco profile image60
            Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL. A good rule of thumb is, if you want your comment to have a positive effect, it's good not to start with SHUT THE HELL UP!
            His comment after your response was quite an interesting reversal. Maybe he took the time to have a cookie. Cookies are always good therapy.

lol lol lol

2. cally2 profile image60
          cally2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

rotflmao.

As for mad comments just about everything The Old Firm writes on my hubs is seriously cracked. But he makes me laugh so I always enter into the spirit of things

2. The_Boss profile image59
        The_Bossposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow Cagsil, those are some funny comments that that guy made. He was so P.O.ed then completely turned around and said he love your article LOL. Good stuff.

As for me, I haven't really got any rude comments yet - and I hope to never get any.

I invite all comments, as long as, the person doesn't go out of their way to be extremely rude. Simply because, even criticism is helpful. It gives insight to a different perspective. big_smile

8. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I've only had a couple from the otherside and in all fairness they have been respectful and surprisingly human!

9. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

none so far for me

10. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years ago

I have to admit out of all the comments I have received, they have all been very polite and constructive. I can't complain. Maybe my hubs aren't that controversial.
      But thanks and keep them coming I look forward to reading each and everyone of them.  smile

11. Dale Mazurek profile image64
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

I remember getting one accusing me of being a spammer and a scammer.

It really did offend me for a minute because yes i am an affiliate marketer but I am as far away from a scammer or spammer as you will ever get.

I got over it quick and just chalked it up to someone upset or someone who probably has been scammed in the past.

Dale

12. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Personally, I've been receiving a few, however I wouldn't consider them as rude as misdirected statements that just happened to have my name attached lol

Don't you like me?  What did I do this time? big_smile

Can I answer? lol

Yes, I like you, very nice and sweet lady. big_smile

Nothing that comes to mind. lol

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I guess my hubs aren't controversial enough because I haven't gotten any nasty comments.

Shall I do the honors, You sound like you are missing out no you are a hard case, most MOST of what you write is commonsense on the Forums, despite the fact, some of us are being stupid, and all your Hubs are interesting and well written........ Be interesting to see if a controversial Hub written by you was attacked...................................Go on write one.

14. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years ago

I received several rude comments (all deleted). But I only remember only one - in my bad study habits for students hub - one visitor wrote the 'f' word for all teachers.

Mad comments? I received some in my stay-at-home husband hub (switching roles in marriage) because he / she thinks I meant something I actually didn't think about when I was writing the hub.

Right now, I'm kind of receiving looooooonnnnnnngggggg comments (not mad comments, yet) from my domestic violence against men hub because I wasn't 'impartial' enough. Er a woman writing a hub for men is not impartial? Okkkaaaayyyyy.

Don't let those Chicks get to you.... They are mad hairy lesbo's with piercing and jandles, most of them aren't actually AC or DC, but swing betweeen the two.
        I like very few females, and I am one so can see where you are coming from.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)