jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Have you done anything worth writing about today?

1. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

A mentor of mine once told me- "so you want to be a writer? if you think you can be one tell me what happened in your world today-that you can make a worthy topic to write about-if you cant do this you either have writers block, or lack the creativity to be able to make each and every day a good day to write"
    Ive taken those words with me over the past 10 years...
    What is your opinion of his lesson and thought?
    What happened in your life today (or what was on your mind) that is worth writing about?

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I'm grateful I woke up and didn't die in my sleep, which is how I expect to go. How ever, I don't fear death and since I don't, I've committed my life to learning whatever I can, so I can accumulate knowledge of people and the way they live their life. I always have something to write about, because I can remember every minute of everything I did during the day. There are not many people, who can recall their entire day, they'll always miss one thing or another, but will no doubtedly tell you later, just to make sure you know that they actually do know what they did, and then they won't feel like an idiot because they couldn't remember, when asked.

If you can't find something to write about that's happened from you day, then you walked the entire day with blinders on.

That's my take.

1. 0
        lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry love can you please repeat the first line I can't remember what you said. lol

2. mandybeau1 profile image60
      mandybeau1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well if you want to write about someone painting Christmas Decals on Shop fronts, then yeah I have.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image87
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that is an excellent thought, and a good one for writers to consider frequently. I guess this is why we should keep a personal daily journal.
      Yeah,  I was busy today but I didn't write about it.

2. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I think so, but no one else is here to say lol

3. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

This day is so full of conflicting emotions that I can't even begin to write about it all.  My son has just returned from school after a year and a half with a girlfriend, a dog, 2 cats and 5 newborn kittens.  My husband and I have lived as a couple for that time and now face an entirely new existence.  Two nights ago, my son got high and my oldest cat got out the door that my son forgot to close.
    I love my kid, know he didn't mean to do this thing, however I am full of rage and sorrow.
    Well, I suppose I did write something, H.C., though I am not certain how to put it all together.

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you can do it or else!  heal by writing then write to heal  see how you feel - yep, that's why they call me lyrics - now go girl, i mean it!!!!!!!!!! wink

4. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

1. lorlie6 profile image84
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that's a brilliant idea, tantrum.
      And lyrics, aye-aye!!!!

5. Rayalternately profile image60
    Rayalternatelyposted 6 years ago

I learned how to make a croissant.
    I learned more than I wanted to about the risk of building on flood plains.
    I perfected the opening riff of 'Rock n Roll ain't Noise Pollution' (an AC/DC song).
        so it's been a relatively good day.

I wrote an article for somewhere else about the history of the Knights Templar.
        so it's been a relatively good day.

But that only part way answers the question. Aside from the obvious lack of correlation between what's written and what's worth writing about on any given day, it's a fair notion to assume that you should be able to always have ideas for writing something (probably the point of the lesson) and have the imagination to do so.

It seems to be more of a one time hit though (as a lesson) rather than something to carry with you, unless you struggle to find subjects to write about I suppose. I could and do write all day, much of it rubbish, so if you disagree you are well within your rights to disregard this late night posting. wink

1. H.C Porter profile image85
      H.C Porterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe carry with me was the wrong ways to put it-perhaps...still remember his words....word for word. I write all day-but most of it is in my mind-when I get the chance to jot a sentence or two down, I do---but my mind is full of chaotic notions and a whirlpool of ideas and phrases that flow together non stop.

6. fishtiger58 profile image81
    fishtiger58posted 6 years ago

We have a book warehouse in our town and once or twice a year they have this huge book sale, I got about 50 books for 10 bucks. My kid got a complete set of Britanica encyclopedias for 20 bucks. Was a blast, I love those book sales but I don't think its enough to write a hub about. Lol.

7. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I have done stupendous things today and "nodoubtedly" I will tell you about all of them later, but right now I am still laughing too hard at all that foreskin dribble in that other forum over there - so brilliant! in case I do get hauled off later, I love you all.  and I would have written some gorgeous hubs if I hadn't had to do time because of the nonsense that acuummmmmmmm