jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Mispelling in the url

1. fishtiger58 profile image83
    fishtiger58posted 7 years ago

I just published a hub and while I was writing it I noticed I misspelled a word at the very beginning and now a word in the url is misspelled. I changed the spelling in the title thinking that would also change the spelling in the url but it didn't. Is there anyway to fix this or do I just have to live with it. Thanks so much all.

2. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure if you can edit the URL.  However, you could just start a new hub with the correct spelling in the URL, and then transfer all the info over via copy and paste.  After that delete the misspelled one.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Since you just published it and you don't want to leave the misspelled word in the URL then just start a new hub with the correct url and move everything over to it and delete the old one. 

I wouldn't leave it as misspelled because it wouldn't look good for people searching for expert advice if the expert can't get the word right...lol (even though typos happen)

Your hub hasn't been published long enough to gain anything in the search engines so you would BENEFIT from republishing.

2. fishtiger58 profile image83
      fishtiger58posted 7 years ago

Thanks so much all of you for your advice. I will start a new hub and fix that mess. I love HubPages.

working