jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Link to another merchant beside Amazon.

1. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

I want to link to merchant that part of the Shareasale network.

Do I just use the link module? I'm wanting to show a picture of the product plus the description and price.

Thanks for any advice.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

None of the capsules alone will let you show the product picture plus a price and description with a live link. 

And remember, more than two links per Hub to the same domain and you'll trip the overly-promotional filter...

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

That's how you do it.  Just make sure your link has your affiliate code in it so you get the credit.

3. 0

Wow, what a speedy reply!

4. 0

So this means that I can have as many links as I want to Amazon or
    Ebay, but if I wan to link to a merchant through Commission Junction, then I can just have two links? Is that two links total to CJ, or two to an individual merchant in CJ?

I've published two hubs with several links each to one particular merchant on CJ, but have just discovered that none of the links are working. So, I'll have to redo everything anyway.

I feel pretty confused right now!

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Here's HubPages linking rules/guidelines,

Using the Amazon or eBay capsules does not apply to the above, only links that you add in text or link capsules.

For example, what you are trying to do on your Gemstone Pins and Broochs will trip the overly-promotional filter if you had working links.  That will get your Hubs shut down.  You should read the whole FAQ to understand what is allowed and what will get your Hubs administratively unpublished.

6. 0

Thanks for pointing this out to me.

I've unpublished the hubs that weren't done correctly.