jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Google Analytics

1. SaraHays profile image61
    SaraHaysposted 6 years ago

I've joined Google Analytics, copied my code, but I don't understand WHERE to "paste it onto every page that you want to track immediately before the  tag"
    Is this on the 'my account' page? On each and every hub I've written somewhere?
    Please let me know. Thanks Hubbers!!

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

all you have to do is copy your code and paste it into the box on the affiliates page where it says google analytics! that's it!

1. SaraHays profile image61
        SaraHaysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

** Thanks, I think I got it now. I guess it takes awhile for the Google Analytics to generate - nothing is showing up yet. It's SO odd because almost everything I've had to ask a question about on here is because the instructions say one thing, but it's actually done another way - strange. Even with this code it was very long and I received a message when I inserted what I had copied showing me a sample. So I cut that small portion out of the big long code and that was it!!
        Thanks for your help **

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes Sara, it is a bit confusing at first, but there's a simple explanation.

The instructions on sites like Amazon, eBay and Analytics are for people who own their own websites.  You can't use those kinds of services on most writing sites.  HubPages has cleverly set things up so we can, even though we don't own the site.  But because we can't access the source code, we must have another way to identify ourselves, and that's on the Affiliate Settings page (which is conveniently much simpler than the website version).

2. LVM profile image56
      LVMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't need to paste any code.  Edit your "affiliate settings".  Click "my account", "affiliate settings", and then type in the analytics profile ID which looks like "UA-10099517-2".

That's all you have to do and it will track all your pages automatically.

2. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Do you mean your affiliate code? If so then you need to post that on your settings page under my account.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

yes, it may some time to be set up and running, but your part is done. check on it in a day or so, and there's so much to learn about it, you can go to the google analytics page and start reading how to use it. I know I still have so much to learn as how to read everything, but it is quite interesting to observe. good luck, welcome. smile

4. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

I followed the instructions given here. My affiliate set-up on this site tells me Google Analytics is set up. However, when I go to Google Analytics, it tells me Tracking not installed. What does this mean and what am I supposed to do? Is there a delay before Hubpages talks to Google?