jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What is the best policy for articles?

1. AnnaRae Mills profile image61
    AnnaRae Millsposted 8 years ago

I just joined hubpages yesterday. I really like it.

The question I have is about articles. I have posted some of my articles on my website and also with a few article directories.

Can I use the same articles for new hubpages, or should the hubpage article be different than articles I post elsewhere?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.

AnnaRae Mills

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
      Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Technically you can, but it is frowned upon and you could get penalized for duplicate content.  You can do a little rewriting if you like.  I occasionally will post a rewritten blog post as a hub, but you just need to be careful.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image91
        Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I should clarify, I mean one of my own blog posts.  Oops.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Welcome to hubpages.

No, Yes smile

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

Would think that if one writes a pretty good article for the benifit
    of the audience, where one would like for it to be seen by the
    greatest number of people, since it may change their lives, that
    one would want to post it in the greatest number of places. But low - everybody advises against it, as it seems to be against search engine law. You get penalizied for trying to reach the greatest number of people without disguising what you write.
    Has to do with search engine algorithms, originality, and
    possibly content theives. I have had my work stolen and what do I care, it is another portal for people to see it. However when
    money is concerned, it must be a single entity which channels
    money to oneself, and should not channel money to someone
    else. Such is the conundrum.

4. 60
    broalexposted 8 years ago

Copied articles will not result anything else than a "duplicate content" hub , and none of us here want that , because search engines don`t like this type of content either. I experienced an duplicate content hub just because of it`s title and similar frases that are used on all articles to describe Paypal. Will not delete it it`s my work , but that one keeps my overall score down . I suppose. :roll

Lots of fun on hubpages D

1. Inspirepub profile image87
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There is a site called dupecop.com, which will allow you to check a rewritten article to make sure it is sufficiently different to qualify as non-duplicate.

You paste your origninal in on one side, and your rewrite in on the other side, hit "compare", and it gives you a percentage.

Some of my best-scoring Hubs are material I have elsewhere, just rewritten a bit.

5. 60
    broalexposted 8 years ago

Hmmm.... dupecop.com let me bookmark this one big_smile might be helpful , thanks a lot big_smile

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

7. AnnaRae Mills profile image61
    AnnaRae Millsposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the helpful info!

If you want to find out certain things, it is best to ask the people who have "been there - done that" and are willing to share their wisdom and experience.

I am impressed with hub pages and hubbers like you are a big part of what makes it great.

Well, I guess I have some re-writing to do.

8. bobw profile image54
    bobwposted 8 years ago

I would change an article every time I submitted it somewhere, or made a hub page. Better to be safe than sorry.