jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Need some help here

1. Panda Man profile image60
    Panda Manposted 6 years ago

Hello, you may remember me, or not. But whatever. I am interested in maths and science, mainly physics. I'm going to graduate high school this year. Perhaps I will do physics or engineering. I already applied for UC. I want to ask, what universities or colleges in the USA do you recommend me? Just give me some good options, and I will take a look at them. I'm lost. Thanks.

2. Panda Man profile image60

I've looked at the following for the US:

Penn State
    U of Penn

Any ideas whether they are good for my area of study? Or rather which one is better? I mean I have never heard most of them. My ignorance.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I don't know RIT or WUSTL, but the rest are very reputable colleges. I believe Penn State has a better physics program than UPenn. You might want to also consider Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Chicago, SUNY, NYU and Carnegie Mellon. There are tons of great colleges for physics. Why don't you first figure out the type of living situation you would prefer, ie, rural, urban, warm climate, variable climate, etc.

4. Panda Man profile image60

Thanks. It's just that I'm applying for USA because the top colleges are in the USA. And when you get to work thats the big difference. People prefer people from Harvard rather than from some university that they haven't even heard of. It may be above average, but they just have not heard of it. Do you understand what I mean?

As long as it's not too extreme climate, and has a nice community, and is reputable, then it's okay.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Are you 18 yet? big_smile

1. Panda Man profile image60
      Panda Manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No. I know I'm not supposed to be here. But I'm really messed up already over here. I just want some advice. I see this is an american website and there's many adult users here, so I try to ask for opinions here.

6. 60
    fun2hubposted 6 years ago

Welcome back Panda smile

7. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 6 years ago

I believe last time you were here stirring up things you were not 18 yet. Are you 18 now?

8. 60
    ........posted 6 years ago

Wow, so you closed yet another account of mine because i was asking for some help about something important. good job. nicely done. goodbye forever.

Closed to reply