jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Need to see if I have the potential

1. crystalkuhns profile image61
    crystalkuhnsposted 6 years ago

I want to know if my first hub is read-worthy.  I wrote my first Hub last night after researching for about two days for the numbers and facts.  I love me some football and just recently became almost too into it.  If you get a chance can you read it?  Thanks!

2. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

Hi, crystalkuhns.  Welcome to HubPages.

In my opinion, you've got a well-written hub.  It's always nice to see someone who is meticulous in his/her writing.  It's a little short for a hub, though.

Put a poll on your hub -- quickly!  That might attract interest.
    Just ask:  Who do you think is going to win the SEC Championship? (A) Florida or (B) Alabama

Your hub will only have short-term interest,since it's about an event that will soon be over.  However, football fans here might like to vote.  You need traffic as a newbie.

I know you asked about the writing itself. Hope you don't mind the suggestions about optimizing traffic.

3. crystalkuhns profile image61
    crystalkuhnsposted 6 years ago

No!  That was great help thank you very much!  I will get a poll on there now.  I need more traffic!

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

also, you can post a link to your hub in this forum, and more people might click on it.  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/26980

there also is a sports forum with a thread about who will win.
      you may want to make an appearance, but don't post your link there, maybe just participating in the thread may bring you some traffic.

I'm a gators fan. big_smile

welcome to HP.

4. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Not bad at all for your first hub! Great job. I hope you expand your stories to other topics too. I became a fan, keep it going! smile

5. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

Yeah, a real shame I can't vote, but I don't follow college football.

I would also recommend putting "SEC championship poll" and "college football polls" as tags on your hub.

I am sure that college football is a very competitive topic on the search engines, but you want to drive traffic to your articles if possible.  Good luck.