jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Easy Reading is damned hard writing?

1. 77
    Michael Achillesposted 6 years ago

T hink so............

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image60
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

I am not sure that I understand the question.

3. 0
    Wag The Dogposted 6 years ago

Tell me about it.  I can talk up a storm, but when  it comes to putting it down, it is like hunting and pecking for the words.  But I try.  It will come.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I guess that would depend on what one is writing about, now wouldn't it?

If you're having problems, it might be because you are forcing yourself to push forward, even when you are not absolutely sure you want to? This is a common occurance in many people, when they sit down to purposely write. As in, like a job or a career, where there is a lot of writing on a daily basis.

Sometimes, it's best to take a breather, go out for a walk or do something that has nothing to do with what you are writing.

If you do go for a walk, try not to think about what you're suppose to be writing, and just enjoy the walk. It's important to take your mind away from what you're working on, so as to gain clarity.

Hope I helped.

5. pioneer_writer5 profile image60
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

If reading is easy, what do you think about what you have read? Writing for me is based mainly upon what I think about what I read, what I see, and how I feel. Writing begins with thinking. Think about something you have read. Why did you read it? How does it connect with your life or with life in general? What about the work  that created an emotional impact for you? Look at the style of writing think about the effectiveness of the writer in portraying what you believed to be his/ her message. Is the style similar or dissimilar to your style?  People are stories waiting to be written. Look at family members, friends or some accidental acquaintance you met in passing. Keeping a journal can also help by writing something each day write thoughts, feelings, incidents, accidents and anything you picked up or learned in the course of your day. These could provide material to help you when you get started on a project you can refer to your journal for information that you can blend into your work. And when you write something, ask a friend to proofread it for you. Ask that friend does he/she understand the message you are trying to get across to the reader?

I am sure that you will find your muse and begin to write. Relax and enjoy writing is fun!

6. 0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 6 years ago

Do you mean that writing for clarity is hard work? It's true that writing well is a skill but it will come with practice. The more you read, the better it is for your writing skill too.