jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Girlfriend has joined her first gym

1. Madfun profile image59
    Madfunposted 6 years ago

Hi Everyone

My girlfriend joined the gym myself and my brother goto today. He's a personal trainer so we get up to all sorts to make the gym interesting. Shes a UK size 24 so is on a mission now to loose as much as she can over a 2 year period for our wedding.

Anyone else where shed alot of weight with sensible eating and exercise?

1. Rangerwife profile image59
      Rangerwifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

After having my first child I had almost 50lbs to lose.  I it over about a 10 month period.  I went to the gym 5 days a week, doing both cardio and weights each day.  I also ate two veggie salads a day and then one full meal.

2. pioneer_writer5 profile image61
    pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago

I have a friend that shed over 40lbs. She followed the Weight watchers diet, which advocates sensible eating and exercise.

3. Madfun profile image59
    Madfunposted 6 years ago

Excellent. Great to hear

As long as people stick to it and dont get to obsessed about the points. In the UK we had a program on tv tonight about a girl who got to overthe top and started trying to live on 5 points as well as exercising.

I personaly dont agree on any images in clothing stores which have super thin girls when the average size inthe UK is 14 and should stay that way without industries thinking women should be wafer thin... but thats another story heh

1. pioneer_writer5 profile image61
      pioneer_writer5posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am in total agreement with you. Unfortunately, people are not kind. And it often those closest to us that make us the most self-conscious.

4. TickleMeCute profile image61
    TickleMeCuteposted 6 years ago

I'm trying currently to lose weight. But it's getting hard to keep it up with all the stress I'm under. Hopefully if I stay with eating right and exercising for a half hour once a day it'll help. I have to start slow because of my scoliosis, but I hope that by next Christmas [2010] I'll be at least 50 pounds lighter!

5. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago

Honestly, and I jest you not, I lost a lot of weight via alcoholism and sleep. You drink and you don't feel like eating. You sleep and you don't have the time to eat.

Speaking of which - I should be sleeping now but I feel like a 3.36am snack =]

6. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

I don't shed sorry hmmlol