jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What would it be like if the government let us raise our own kids?

1. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Did anyone ever wonder how anyone ever grew up before big brother got into the business of telling us how to raise our kids? hmm

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

They aren't doing a damn good job in some of the inner city neighborhoods!

1. Ohma profile image79
      Ohmaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree whole heateddly! I am not sure that they are doing a very good job anywhere!

3. Stimp profile image78
    Stimpposted 7 years ago

Ask my 80 year old father this question.....he'll talk you're ear off on what life was like and how children BEHAVED when the gov't didn't dictate how they raised their kids.  And, the apple (me) not falling too far from the tree (my father), I'm gonna have to go with him on alot of his views on this issue.

1. Ohma profile image79

It seems that the fruit of his labor turned out okay.

1. Stimp profile image78
        Stimpposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you sooooo much, Ohma, I agree.  I turned out pretty damn well.

4. Sue Adams profile image93
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

The industrial revolution demanded government regulated schools a means of giving parents time to work. Government regulated schooling is an adult conspiracy against children.

In today's age of shared parenting and self education, formal schooling has become obsolete. But like all obsolete things, it will take a long time for schools and universities to vanish as institutions. A professor at a university has spent his entire life at school. Has he ever grown up?

1. Ohma profile image79

Sadly school is not the only place they have thier collective noses.

working