jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How did my affiliate setting get changed?

1. blessedmommy profile image90
    blessedmommyposted 8 years ago

I have never made ANYTHING off of eBay or Amazon but I do fairly well with Adsense.  I wondered why I was never showing earnings and not even any clicks on my other affiliates.  I decided to check my affiliate settings and both eBay and Amazon had the wrong code numbers.  I'm not saying that I'm above making mistakes, but I was VERY careful to make sure that I entered the right numbers when I set up my accounts and the numbers were far off enough that I know that they somehow some way MUST have been changed.  Not only was I very careful, but I know I didn't make the same mistake twice.  Especially with numbers so far off.  What's going on???

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think only staff can have authoritative answer here, but usually such things are result of human error.

If computer programs make mistakes, they tend to make the same mistake consistently - means everybody's data should have been messed up - and this is probably not the case, cause we did not see any other report on the same problem.

And I really doubt you make enough for any hacker to get interested in hacking your affiliate data...

1. blessedmommy profile image90
      blessedmommyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I certainly have no idea how I could have made such a big mistake twice after trying to be so careful but I will go with this explanation unless it happens again.  Hopefully it don't.  I've checked an rechecked so if it does...I know I'm not that mixed up tongue

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If you think your account was accessed by someone other than yourself, you'll clearly need to contact admin about it, but otherwise, as Misha pointed out, it's usually human error.

4. trakker14 profile image59
    trakker14posted 8 years ago

I have an issue with the same  things, maybe i did it wrong, dont you copy the  code from the box they show you? and then place it in the your page before the <body> at the bottom of the source page? i never see any numbers in  my earnings report.