jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Export CSV

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

I just noted a new feature on my account page. 

"Export CSV"

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but what is "CSV" & what does it mean to "Export" it?

How do I proceed with it & what are the benefits?

If there are Hubs written about this or a Forum thread, please send me off in that direction. 

Thank you.

1. StefanMDP profile image67
      StefanMDPposted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. EmpressFelicity profile image85
      EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"CSV" means "comma separated values".  You can open a CSV file in a spreadsheet like MS Excel and manipulate it in exactly the same way as an Excel file.

2. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Thank you!!!!!

3. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago

At the risk of sounding ignorant (I am), do you mean comma separated values like keywords? What would be the benefit of having a button that exports them?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image85
      EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Values" refers to numerical data - in the case of your hubs, the number of page views after 0, 7, 30 days etc.

When you export the data on your "My account" page to a CSV file, the file would look like this:

,1 day,7days,30 days,All time<return>
      Hub1,0,10,88,200<return>
      Hub2,2,15,94,303<return>

...assuming of course that you had two hubs with that number of page views on each day.

If you opened that file using Excel or another spreadsheet, the commas would turn into columns and everything would be laid out in a table.

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

As far as benefits, the first two things that jump out at me here is being able to use the url without opening the hub and creating another view and seeing what hubs are in the lower ranks and if I should do something with them or not.

5. SandyMcCollum profile image80
    SandyMcCollumposted 7 years ago

Empress and Lynne, thank you very much! I just learned something from you.

6. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the explanation this is very useful!

7. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 7 years ago

Thank you I have been trying to figure it out/what its purpose was for myself but without reading this it would have remained a mystrey to me.

working