jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

views rising

1. thevoice profile image61
    thevoiceposted 6 years ago

why are my views rising score dropping is something wrong with score count? thanks mike

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

your score dropped because you just published many hubs at the same time bringing your average down. it should go back up in a couple days or so...

2. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

Score count goes on alot more then just traffic to your hubs. Seems like creating new hubs also contributes to this, gaining fans, posting in the forums and who knows what else lol Hub pages keeps it a big time secret from what I know

3. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 6 years ago

Hubscore is going down for many people. And some people who have not published hubs and active in forums have more scores. I think hubpages wants users to be more active in forums to raise the scores.

4. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Hubpages likes to see community participation across the board. The forum is only a fraction of what raises it.

It's an urban myth (and a tiresome one) to keep seeing the same said about forum participation.

See my score? Says 100 on it. Look for my name on the forum boards. You'll have to dig to find it.

So either I'm right and regular, consistent forum participation (alone) is a load of crap or I'm in with the team and they shine my shoes very nicely.

Seriously - it's the former.

And as an anecdote - I've published a hub or two a day for over a week. Hit 100. Previous month hardly published any, hardly showed my face in the forum. Still hit 100.

Traffic counts for a fair bit. As does community participation as a WHOLE. No secret, no mystery. Feed the machine and your score will rise accordingly.