jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

I read a thread from a couple of months ago about the difficulties getting approved as an E-bay affiliate. Just wondering if this situation has improved.

Does anyone have any recent experience?

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should go to the ebay blog and read what they consider a good affiliate to be and then create a website that meets those criteria. I think it's easier that way to get accepted.

But if you do want to do it only through HubPages, then you should still read the blog and everything that they've written about what they expect.

In essence you have to have hubs that are designed to attract shoppers who are ready to buy. They want new ebay shoppers who buy quickly. But there are a lot more subtle things as well. If you do become an affiliate and you don't drive the desired traffic, your Earnings Per Click (EPC) dwindles and you might be booted from the program.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have not even tried yet! I think I want to get a good approach for adsense and amazon first before trying ebay just in case that makes a difference for being accepted. Its not hard to imagine that ebay does not want affiliates who do not drive buying traffic and I do appreciate that amazon does not feel this way as it means I can improve my skills with them smile

3. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

I only tried once and it was right after I started. I had everything in place for applying to Amazon, Ebay and Google. Amazon and Google were no problem, eBay, however, turned out to be a booger. I guess I was a little naive when I applied--I assumed that since I was established on eBay as a seller with a good reputation and high feedback score, I'd get accepted. Not the case. I think they even allude to that misguided theory on their site.

I haven't reapplied. Partly because I'm not all that concerned with it and partly because I don't want to be turned down again! yikes

4. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

Thanks to all for the replies.

I've got a clearer picture now of what's laid out for me to do.