We Need To Bring All Hubtivity Into The Light ~

Jump to Last Post 51-58 of 58 discussions (106 posts)
  1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Remind me, how does this whole lengthy argument relate to "Hub Improvement" again?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9336/arguetm1.gif

1. gamergirl profile image85
      gamergirlposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't!

Thank you Peter.  (That smiley rocks. big_smile)

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
        Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I stole it from "Smilies for Mark".

1. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image63
          C.M. Vanderlindenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

That thread rocks! I also noticed Gamergirls smilie thread---complete with Mark's new favorite smilie smile

2. In The Doghouse profile image70
    In The Doghouseposted 16 years ago

"Where I come from, you have to earn respect and behaving in this fashion is unlikely to earn it." "Try practicing what you preach for a change."  Thank you Mark, both are very sound pieces of advice, truly an addition for HUB improvement.  Thank you.

3. profile image47
    Laura in L.A.posted 16 years ago

To Mark,

A final thought compliments of the Reverend Murray, Senior Pastor of the influential Los Angeles First African Methodist Episcopal Church:

“ It isn’t that Americans are ignorant of the Mormon Church, it is that they want to be ignorant of the Mormon Church because they are different, and we think different “from” means different “bad.” So what is our hope? I think we have a chauffeur when it comes to fairness. We will be driven towards fairness by necessity. You cannot live in this country putting down people of this Church. Of that faith. Of people who are different. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has done miracles of transformation. So the mentality of those who behave ignorant of it, and ignorance is bliss for them, they will take some educating.

Some people might say, “Is that a black man over there telling us that it just takes time?”
    That’s just common reasoning. It takes time.”

4. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I didn't jump in the thread sooner because I was irritated at people.  Mark is a bit over the top some days, but he backs his opinions up intelligently, and that is not to say you do not either.

I see this thread as a pointless argument.  You do not wish to stop, even though Mark has stated he won't be replying.  Your comments have been limited to three hub comments and a whole lot of forum arguing.

What purpose does the continuation (a.k.a. drawing out as you put it) of this particular argument serve?  Only negativity. 

Again I will ask that you please just stop.  If you want to argue with Mark, just use the contact feature on his profile and argue away at your heart's content. 

If you want to respond to me, please use the contact feature on MY profile.  I will not be responding to your arguments any more here.

Have a great day, though.

5. Betty Jo Petty profile image61
    Betty Jo Pettyposted 16 years ago

Laura,

I have only read this one page, and don't really know what has happened.

I must agree with Gamergirl.  If you are only here to judge other people, and possibly something they have written on a hub, or forum or whatever:

you should maybe find somewhere else to do this.  Maybe there are sites that would welcome your comments?

I did notice you came to Hub Pages only to make comments on other's points of view.

We do still have freedom of speech.  Don't we? 

Hub Pages is a place for writers to write.  At least that's what I assumed.

That's my opinion.

I am Betty Jo.

1. profile image47
      Laura in L.A.posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hello Betty Jo,

I think it would help if you read the entire thread so that you can make an informed opinion.  To give you the reader's digest version, I began to comment here in this thread to object to the bigoted and adhomenim statements that Mark had used towards Kathryn and her Mormonism.

I'm not sorry for speaking up against that and have continued to make comments on that assertion as the discussion has proceeded.

6. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image78
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 16 years ago

It is very clear... that although my plight has been left in the dust....   at the least, to myself and a few, things are NOW, very clear. 

I am saddened by those who are choosing to SEE that HOW this has been handled, has been acceptable.

There has CLEARLY been dishonesty... and brought into clear FOCUS, that this IS SO.

I am glad that there are a handful, that are not willing to let the FOCUS here, which has clearly come to LIGHT,

be buried and ignored and considered moot. 

We need to look at reality, and not just be accusatory in a personal manner toward the ONE that brought a reality -  UP and into the light.

Clearly, it appears at this point...  that ignoring reality is the choice of the majority, which - does not make it right.

Nonetheless, it is what it is...

Kathryn

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Jenny, I fully intend to dump this thread, but there's one thing that is completely mystifying me and I just have to clear it up.

Kathryn, where has there been dishonesty?   Are you accusing an individual Hubber of dishonesty?  Even if there had been dishonesty, how did/does it affect you?  We have CLEARLY established that if an individual Hubber flags your Hubs, it has no effect other than to cause your Hub to be reviewed a bit earlier than normal.

Or are you accusing HubPages of dishonesty?  If so, can you be specific?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

7. Inspirepub profile image71
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

OK, that's it. I'm bailing out on this thread too.

Marisa, no amount of fair and reasonable discussion is going to enlighten these people. They are quite, quite sure that they are Right about this, and the community here is Wrong, and they are not interested in any alternative perspective.

If everyone stops responding, they can enjoy their Rightness undisturbed by dissenting opinion.

I'm off to write another Hub.

Jenny

8. jaymz profile image77
    jaymzposted 16 years ago

I think thread has gotten out of control. I just sat here and read the entire thing. Post by post. When I thought that the thread was begining to get resolved Laura LA, she with no hubs but a strong opinion, decided to chime in and turn the entire thread. She with no hubs needs to got write a few and put her opinions in a hub, as she seems to be a lovely little know-it-all.

See ya.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)