jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (20 posts)

Is It Me Or Does The Last Dollar Before Payout Take Forever

1. bgpappa profile image82
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

2. 0
    Wag The Dogposted 6 years ago

It's just u...

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Know just what you mean. I've had months where I've needed say 81 cents to make payout on the last day. And I haven't made it until 11 pm that night. Luckily I'm ahead of that pace now and make payout pretty early in the month.

4. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 6 years ago

Yep, I feel you man.  I'm a definite lover of consistency, and adsense revenue is anything but consistent, especially when you just need that extra little push.

5. bgpappa profile image82

It was flying all month, then stopped dead for two days with less than a dollar left.  Finally got over it, but it was just funny.

6. Dale Mazurek profile image58
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

I remember those days.  Hell I remember openly cheering for the amount to go over 100.

Luckily now like Nelle I am past that and 100 isnt a problem these days but trust me it took a lot of work to get it to that point.

keep up the great work

7. bgpappa profile image82

Agreed, the first one took forever, 10 months.  Now it has gotten much better.

Then again, so has my writing, keywords and overall approach.  The two go hand in hand.

8. Casper021 profile image60
    Casper021posted 6 years ago

Hmmm, I did not had that problem

9. elayne001 profile image46
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

I don't know how it feels yet, but hope to soon.

10. bukan profile image59
    bukanposted 6 years ago

Truly speaking never faced that type experience

11. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I should be so lucky she says laughing.

12. Ms Chievous profile image82
    Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago

Yes especailly if you continue to watch your adsense. I have to make myself busy so I won't obsess about it!  Happy though.. Got my adsense payout direct deposited this morning! yea some shopping money!

1. emievil profile image83
      emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey congrats Ms Chievous. $100 Adsense = 100 score big_smile.

I'm less than $20 from reaching the first payout and it's keeping me busy wondering if I will reach it by end of this year. Promised myself that I would but heck, anything can happen.

13. chigoiyke profile image61
    chigoiykeposted 6 years ago

yeah Bg, thats the anxiety. its gonna come through. I remember when I needed that adsense money and just 3 dollars to payout was like 3 years for me. I had to calm down and leave it to flow naturally. Well, nice one Nelle Hoxie. you gotta mentor me. I need your mentorship. Can I apply? lol

14. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I have quite a bit sat in my Adsense account. Because I messed up with some details and Google quite rightly wouldn't release anything until I delivered what they had to nag me for.

I will have a nice Christmas on it.

And I suppose a watched pot never boils. Stop staring at your account. I once made almost $50 in one day.. True story.

Therefore you never know smile

1. Ms Chievous profile image82
      Ms Chievousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

50 dollars in one day?  Amazing!  Maybe this weekend will give us a chance at that!

15. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

Yes, it takes so long that I end up not bothering to check the latest figures because it is so frustrating!

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

oh I have a 10.02 dollar LOL, I just checked it now...my sister told me she can give me the amount so that I dont spend time  bothering to write and earn, well, I am just starting here in HP, and I will prove to them that I will earn, I started it already and I like to write and share too!

1. Dr23 profile image60
      Dr23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm in a very similar boat as you. However, I find writing hubs not just as a potential income avenue, but also pretty entertaining. I always think when I am writing "would I be doing something productive if I wasn't making a hub?" The answer is almost always no.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you are right there..