jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Is it possible to control dreams?

1. 0
    dnrkrishnan25posted 6 years ago

Is it possible to control dreams?

1. Google Gal profile image59
      Google Galposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most Definatly

1. webismine profile image61
        webismineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is it? How?

1. lorlie6 profile image85
          lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

My husband claims he can will himself anywhere he wishes to go, I myself, can't.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image58
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes.  It depends on which sleep stage you are in.

3. mistywild profile image60
      mistywildposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sometimes, I do it often.

4. Himitsu Shugisha profile image76
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There has been a significant amount of research dedicated to this very topic and the consensus is, yes, it is possible to control your dreams, but only a percentage of the world's population is actually able to do it. I think it's called "lucid" dreaming.

5. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But, what message your dreams bring is left up to your subconscious. Dreams can be manipulated by our own will to master in that domain. Those who have trouble with self-control, will have trouble controlling their dreams too.

6. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, ive done it

2. Katelyn Weel profile image89
    Katelyn Weelposted 6 years ago

Yes it is for sure. First you have to make yourself fully aware of your dreams, which means to remember them completely. Try keeping a notebook beside your bed and write down your dreams the best you can remember.
    It's important to do it right away, because as soon as you're conscious you start forgetting them.
    After a while of doing this you'll be much more aware of your dreams and you'll find them easier to remember.
    I've been able to choose what I dreamed about by concentrating on the image or idea several times during the day and then focusing on it as I fell asleep.
    For controlling what happens IN your dreams, you need to be fully aware of your dreams and that is easier for some than others, but I think it's something you can learn.

I've definitely had dreams where I knew I was in a dream and stopped things from happening, or changed the 'rules' etc...it can be fun tongue

3. LOT2DO profile image60
    LOT2DOposted 6 years ago

Hmmm I don't think it is possible.

4. bukan profile image60
    bukanposted 6 years ago

its not possible

5. Tamarii2 profile image59
    Tamarii2posted 6 years ago

I have experienced dreaming and remembering it and  it came to pass .

6. Midasfx profile image65
    Midasfxposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure about controlling your dreams. I think that may depend on how deep of a sleep you are in. I typically fall asleep watching movies. this will heavily influence what I'm dreaming about.