jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Uploading Photos To HubPages

1. aoiffe379 profile image62
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

The problem is that I have the photos for my hub on the desktop.When I browse and click the file to open, the whole file loads instead of the individual photo. Then I get the message that the upload is not recognized.When I put the photos on the desktop individually instead of in a folder,I cannot find them to upload.I would appreciate any suggestions.

2. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

You may want to double-check that individual file is saved as a jpeg file, because if it's a different type of file it may not show up when you search for it (if the setting on the search button is on jpeg). 

Also, make sure when you click to browse your own PC, and the window opens up so you can browse, you look at the top and make sure you're browsing your desktop.

If, by any chance, your file is not in a format that's compatible with HubPages' uploading; all you have to do is right click on the existing file, "save as" (jpeg), and that should do it.

3. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I have a seperate folder on the desktop- call it something like  Hubpagepics then I transfer copies of photos that I want to use into that.

When I am using the photo capsule I click to view them as 'thumbnail' sized prints or I rename them as something I will recognise easily. Hope this helps there may be an easier way that I am not aware of.

4. aoiffe379 profile image62
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Thanks LisaHW and 2uesday. I will try your suggestions and discover how they work.