jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Better Use Of "Groups"

1. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

It occurs to me that since the "Group" information is in the database, we could be making much better use of it.

For example, I would love to have my RSS feed sorted by group. At the moment, I can't really put my Hubs RSS feed on any sites outside HubPages, because I don't want business sites getting my poetry or poetry sites getting my business articles, and I don't want anyone getting some of my sillier ones unless they come to HubPages looking for them!

I think that most people who write on a variety of topics would hold back from using their RSS feed elsewhere for the same reason.

Giving fans the ability to have email alerts narrowed to specific Groups could be a benefit, too.

Also being able to see a list of a Hubber's Groups on their profile, then click on the Group to see all the Hubs within that Group.

The data is there, it's just a matter of displaying it ... is this development on the "roadmap" at all?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, I don't choose to display my group names.  If something like this were to happen, it would need to be voluntary.  I've named my groups in my own silly ways, but they wouldn't really make sense to most of my fans or others visiting my profile.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I already asked - to use in google analytics - It's not on the cards.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

You can use RSS feeds that are only your hubs that are tagged with a particular tag.  To navigate to these, just click on a tag from the tag map on your profile page.  For instance:

Some of your other ideas are good ones.  At the moment we don't have the resources in place to do much new feature development.  So we have to try and pick the things that have the best cost benefit.

1. Andrea Kalli profile image79
      Andrea Kalliposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Brilliant Paul! That is absolutely what I needed! Thank you so much.

4. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Thanks for that, Paul - that will be really useful!!

P.S. Yes, Stacie, I can see what you mean - making it optional is a good idea.