jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Using the link capsule

1. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

I have been trying to use the link capsule to add product links from Commission Junction, and other affiliate networks.

But apparently this is not the correct function for the link capsule, because every single link has come up as a bad link.

When I use a destination URL, then the links are good.

Just checking to make sure I'm on the right track here, so would appreciate any input.

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

as far as I understand, the links must land at a destination, not a product, it needs the URL.

2. ninjacraze profile image54
    ninjacrazeposted 6 years ago

I think you may try after some time.........

1. 0
      AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hope someone can give me some feedback on the link capsule.

3. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

here is a good hub about using capsules.  hope this helps.

4. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

rebekah is right--you can't link to other affiliates or products in the link capsule. They are only for links to other sites or info.

You can only include the affiliates HubPages allows--eBay, Amazon, Google and Kontera. eBay and Amazon each have their own capsules which you can use to include specific products from their sites.

5. 0
    AnnaFaithposted 6 years ago

Thanks for that link, Rebekah. It's very useful.

Somehow I was under the impression - obviously a wrong one - that two links were allowed to other affiliate sites besides Amazon and Ebay. 

Apparently the deal is that two other links are allowed, they just can't be affiliate links.

Glad to have this cleared up so I can quit thinking about it!