jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

tags

1. tobyrussel profile image59
    tobyrusselposted 7 years ago

I think I must be doing something wrong because my tags appear with a red and white x next to them can anyone clarify please?

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Toby, I used to wonder the same thing. when you are signed in, you will see those x's next to your tags in case you want to edit them, but when we look at your hubs, we don't see them! If you look at one of your hubs when you're signed out, you will see what everyone else sees! I used to have the same question. smile

welcome! and your dog is really cute.

1. tobyrussel profile image59
        tobyrusselposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thankyou rebekah glad you like my dog

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Toby - without wanting to sound mean ... I think you need to start reading up on basic SEO and how to write online content. The site is stuffed full of great 'how to' info and you'd stand youself in good stead if you backed away from writing and started to learn the why's and wherefore's first.

The 'x' you talk of is normal - if you click on it all that will happen is the tag you've added will vanish from sight. It's a lttle 'button', that allows you to remove a tag you don't want/like.

I'd say your best to start reading the FAQ's which you'll find via this link - click on it ... http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/4668

From that point, start searching through the site ... hubs, things that the site team have created themselves and so on.

You can teach yourself how to write online and there's lots of hubbers that have written easy to understand hubs - relache, Darkside, Mark Knowles, Sunforged, Lissie and such.

Good luck and welcome to Hubpages smile

3. tobyrussel profile image59
    tobyrusselposted 7 years ago

I dont mind if your mean you have to learn the hard way and now thanks to you I have it sorted cheers

4. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Good to know you've conquered your problem. I'm sure there'll be others - we all began like you, probably confused with how it all worked smile

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

We all need to go through our own process of learning, but you have to want to.  This process is what will make you a good hubber.  It takes time and frogdropping gave some really good advice.  big_smile

working