jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Clearing the air, or text.

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

On the suggestion of some very wise folks, I've been told that getting things clear about the huge misunderstanding regarding my flagging of late would be a good idea.  Particularly in regard to the whole Iounn spectacle.

All I ask of those who read this is if you feel the need to say something negative in response, please feel free to contact me privately through the option on my profile.

Alright, so here it is, plain and simple:

In the last few days I have flagged less than ten hubs for duplicate content.  If my memory serves me properly, and it may not since I've slept a few times in the last week, I can only clearly recall flagging three Iounn hubs total.  To even flag one was disheartening, as previous to this whole affair I did enjoy reading Iounn's words and work.

I gave each hub I flagged a thumbs down, as is my standard practice with flagging hubs.

I did not enlist anyone else to flag, nor did I name Iounn until she came out herself.  I purposefully avoided naming anybody, to try and avoid the drama that was caused.

After I was wrongly accused, insults spread over various hubs and threads about me, and several pages of nasty comments about me, I went to Hubpages staff to see what I could do.

I was advised to post, to clear the air. 

I -never- intended for things to escalate the way they did, however the more time passed, the more I was cornered for things I did not do.

Regardless, there it is. 

I stand by what I said in the other thread, however, because of the insults, the flaming, and the wide-spread commentary, I have left Iounn's fan club and will not be responding to, or interacting with posts made by or referencing her.  I may forgive the comments in time, in fact am on my way to swallowing them down and moving beyond them, but understand that right now this whole situation has me a little sick at heart.

I love you all anyway.

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Excellent reply.  Thank you for your honesty and openness.

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I'm so glad you are not letting any of this get you down and scare you off!

Stay active because you are much appreciated by many of us here.

4. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

You're a great member of the community, gamergirl, and I'm sure that most people will understand that people say hurtful things in the heat of emotion that might not be based on a full knowledge of the facts.

It's hard when you are just doing your best to be a contributing member of the community and keep this a great place, and people take it the wrong way.

I, for one, don't see fault in any party here, just well-intentioned people with a difference of opinion and some miscommunication.

I think you've shown restraint and dignity in dealing with this, and I hope it blows over now.

As far as I've seen, you've provided lots of positive energy in these Forums, and long may you continue to do so.