jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Obscene Comment

1. cremechese profile image61
    cremecheseposted 9 years ago

I turned this in to the "help" section, but someone has left an obscene comment which I left unapproved or denied. Has anyone else had this happen and if so, is there a separate email address I should have written to?

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 9 years ago in reply to this

hI CREMECHESE, i get obscene comments all of the time in hubs, i just ignore them and deny them, if you click on edit in the comments capsule there are 3 options to edit 1)Comments must be approved before they appear  2)Email me when new comments are posted , 3) Only signed-in users may post comments. there is a fourth option you can click on the x on the comments capsule and remove it completely,
      option 1 i find best it allows people to comment ,but it wont show on the hub until you approve it.
      have fun .....jimmy

1. mrkrabs profile image60
        mrkrabsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That was what I was searching for! Thanks Jimmy

2. cremechese profile image61

My deeper problem is I am afraid I have someone trailing me to harrass me, maybe I should not worry unless this begins happening often. I guess if I did suspect that, I could change my nickname all over the net -- but I don't see why such a person should get away with it.

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

in any website where you allow users a chance to comment,there is always someone who will abuse it its the way of the world , sad i know but try not to take it personaly its just how those people get their kicks that is why you have admin control, to weed people who do it out.....jimmy

4. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 9 years ago

I agree. I think those people thrive on attention so it's often best to ignore them. And if they actually do threaten or harrass you in an illegal way, you should probably consult with the police.

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 9 years ago

For the most part trolls fish to see if they get a reaction.

If you don't give it to them in those initial stages they'll move along and find someone else to bother.

Unless they're quite determined. And then they'll probably escalate their attention seeking jibes. If it gets personal that's when you report it to the site that you're at so they're aware of the problem. Not to delete the message but that they're on notice that you will be needing the IP address soon when authorities get involved.

6. cremechese profile image61

Thank you for your feedback. We'll see if this continues or they go away.

7. bluewings profile image60
    bluewingsposted 9 years ago

They will go to any limits to get attention,lol.Its ridiculous! The internet makes people so brave that they start believing they are different people,lol.roll I wish they had a real life and a little happiness to lessen their misery.I also hope that admin will ban them when the post is openly abusive.