jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

My First Hub - Constructive criticism

1. mike j adams profile image61
    mike j adamsposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Find-Peoples-Re … s-You-Need

Hello everyone. I've just registered and created my very first hub. I am looking to create more hubs on the topic and on several similar topics and looking for any piece of advice you may be kind to give me.

I'm good at writing articles and sending them to article directories so I decided to join and make some hubs as well.

Any feedback you may have on the hub, whether positive or negative is welcome.

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting information - well done.  It's always good to have a first-hand recommendation for things like that.

Can I point out a couple of typos?  Step 1. - 2nd sentence, 4th word from end "and" is missing the "d" & in Step 2. - 2nd paragraph, first word should be Afterwards, not Afterwords.  Don't mean to nit-pick, just trying to help!

Welcome to HP!!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Mike smile I think you're layout is great, maybe add a video of pink panther for touch of humor  wink and everything is great!

3. mike j adams profile image61

wow great idea smile

Thank you for the kind words!

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Great you discovered clickbank.

I find it interesting that people will promote products and service they themselves would not buy just to make a buck.

Same old story.

Build trust.  Sell what you buy.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image58
      Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I absolutely agree.  My partner and I do quite well with ClickBank products but we never promote one unless we buy it and prove its worth.

There is a lot of garbage there but there are also a lot of diamonds if you know what you are looking for.

5. mike j adams profile image61

Thank you all for the feedback and even for the criticism, it's all welcome.

To address the Clickbank issue, there will always be products or services someone will promote without buying them beforehand, and personally I don't see anything wrong with that as long as the person also shares valuable information with the reader and genuinely tries to help them solve their problem - even if they are promoting a product.

If that product solves the reader's problem then both parties win. In this case however, I have actually tested the services I talk about on that hub, and 2 others that aren't mentioned because I have been promoting services in the public records niche for over a year now.

That being said, again, I don't see the problem with promoting something as long as you try to help the reader solve their problem, regardless if you have bought the product or service yourself.

Lily, thanks a lot for carefully reading the post and noticing the typos, I've made the corrections. Also, thank you for your warm welcome!

Thanks again for all your feedback!

6. Chin chin profile image91
    Chin chinposted 6 years ago

Good hub.  Maybe you could put screen shots of the website or services you are talking about.