The good news thread

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (54 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I just had an idea: to get our minds of all the bad news the media presents us with how about we have a thread in which people can post any good news they come upon? And it can be personal, national or international news!

My good news of the day was finding out that the UK government says it is not taking the sort of scary action that campaigners against Codex Alimentarius have said is about to happen and supplements will still be available without a prescription:
    http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page21468

OK, who is going to be next with some good news?

2. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I'm happy! big_smile

3. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

My Hen just layed an egg...

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I made a new friend. big_smile

5. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

It's less then two weeks till my birthday! smile

6. cally2 profile image59
    cally2posted 14 years ago

Its the weekend

7. Bard of Ely profile image80

I just had $10.71 from Amazon Associates.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

It's the weekend and it's my birthday on Sunday. I'm being taken out for lunch tomorrow...

And, it looks like I got paid by Adsense today ($133 Canadian) smile

9. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I get to see my sister in the Nutcracker ballet tomorrow! smile

10. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I'm always hoppy. And will be divorced soon smile

And my daughter achieved top grade results in school. Well done frogspawn big_smile

11. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

My leg just fell off!!! wooooohooo!

12. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

my hemmeroids have receded. big_smile

1. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yay you beat them hemmeroids!!!!!! go you!!!!

2. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That news makes me feel hoppier. And slightly green. But good to know you're sitting comfortable smile

13. MikeNV profile image66
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Tiger Woods is a terrible driver (Off the Course - pun intended), but expensive luxury cars offer great safety features for terrible drivers.

14. sooner than later profile image61

just made small preparations for my healing.

15. sooner than later profile image61

Preparations A through G were a failure. But I believed success was in hand with preparation "H".

16. sooner than later profile image61

did I kill this one? i'm sorry.

Please, continue with the good news.

17. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

sooner - is it contagious? the good news is I think it is not!smile

18. sooner than later profile image61

haha, thank heavens for you all.

19. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

there is also good news with the sitz-bath already - have you tried it?

20. sooner than later profile image61

Shaq paid for that adorable little girls funeral that was killed in FL(I think it was Florida).

Nice to see a celeb not be so self endulged.

21. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My son made it to his 14th birthday!

My daughter is home from school for 4 days!

We are still without snow smile

I survived Black Friday while staying in bed & sleeping.

22. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I had a wonderful day, spent with good friends.

The lard I have been making turned out.  *huge sigh of relief*

I was given a sun lamp.  Bye, bye SAD/standing at the window all day!

23. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

My only good news is that the Thanksgiving dishes are all put away, so are the post-Thanksgiving-meal dishes, and the dishes from two day-after-Thanksgiving get-together's, as well as all those other dishes that just kept being dirtied for reasons not particularly associated with anything name-able.  Life is good when all those extra dishes are put away and you get back to sandwich plates and your one coffee mug.

24. Bard of Ely profile image80

The good news is that I had a back tooth out on Wednesday night and I have had no pain afterwards and no need for the painkillers the dentist prescribed for three days afterwards. In fact my mouth is back to normal and the problem has gone!

25. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Bard, your post is such good news, that will do me for today! smile

1. Bard of Ely profile image80
      Bard of Elyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to know you are enjoying it! That is good news in itself! smile

26. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

My good news is that it's another 3 day week-end here! Tomorrow is a holiday and I gave my people the half-day off last Friday. So we have peace and quiet here for 3 and a half days smile.

27. aoiffe379 profile image59
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

Today marks the official end of the hurricane season.
    Hurray! It was raining so hard that the water came in through my windows. Yes, I sleep with my windows open!Since I got up to close them and was fully awake at 4:30 a.m,I decided to  read my mail,search folders for photos to use and put in some time on HubPages.

28. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

Been catching up with friends (on Facebook),I haven't heard from for years.

29. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

I had dinner with my sister the other night . . . it was the first time we'd been face-to-face in twenty years.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sound fantastic.  smile

30. maudine_05 profile image59
    maudine_05posted 14 years ago

Yehey! I will start my new job tomorrow!!! Goodluck to me..

31. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i have no computer for quite a few days, and it was because the mouse for some reason would not work, and the fitting is was supossed to go in was faulty..... so i had to resort to cleaning up the room the computer is in, ready to have it fixed tonight when lo and behold whilst tidying up the room i found my old mouse from previous computerwhich fits into a different fixture

and here i am once more..... thank goodness

32. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

good luck maudine,

my good news today is that I found my old bag yesterday and the money is still intact, 200 US dollars, i will keep it safer now...

33. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

I'm having dinner tomorrow with my first love, and she still looks amazing...and is single!! smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YEHEY

2. maudine_05 profile image59
      maudine_05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW!!! thats really something to jump about...congrats man!

34. Ms.Lavae profile image61
    Ms.Lavaeposted 14 years ago

I just bought 2 coach bags and a coach wallet the other day and i can't wait to wear them.

35. iantoPF profile image80
    iantoPFposted 14 years ago

Hi; I'd like to tell you about something that happeneg in my neighbourhood. The good news got nowhere near the publicity the bad news got.
    Two 13 year old Hispanic girls were walking home from a convenience store when a van pulled up. Two black youths got out and shot them. Killing one and wounding the other.
    Within a few days, at another part of town, a young black man was walking home when a car pulled up and two Hispanic men got out and shot and killed the young black man.
    Here's the part that didn't get reported so well;
    There was some money raised for the family of the girl who was killed and with everything else the father had $3,500 extra. So he arranged a meeting with the father of the young black man and gave him the money to help him bury his son.
    That's the kind of good news that needs to be reported.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh, that is good news, goodwill,,,nice story to share...

36. RNMSN profile image61
    RNMSNposted 14 years ago

I copied a Christmas stocking one of the other nurses on base was making/ for our 2 grandchildren. My David took me to Millers Surplus, I got two camo tops for 2.99 each, one winter (for the boy) and one desert (for the girl) and made them up so easy yesterday! Big and lots of pockets and buttons and one patch says attack to defend (I really like that one) and the other one is from air force centaf...anyways very pretty. Yes, I realize our son is USMC and these camo tops are not digital camo but there are few marines in the sonoran desert at this time:) so I chose the cutest and the cheapest to play with (especially since it was my first time to try it!!) They turned out really good and I hope I hope the grandkids love their stocking as much as the stuffers full of 'good junk' my David and I are going to put inside them smile feliz navidad

37. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image87
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

I almost have all my bills paid and still have a little bit of money in the bank! Hells yea. smile

38. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

Might finally have a freakin' job by next week!!! OOH YEAH!!!

39. profile image0
    baconmidgetposted 14 years ago

My new iMac just came in the mail today!! smile

40. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

hmmm....I got my story printed and starting on editing and proofreading. I'm on page 5 of 196 pages lol

41. profile image0
    baconmidgetposted 14 years ago

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! three clicks on adsense. smile

42. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

This may not seem glorious compared to the other stories here...

I got a letter from my credit union today. They are offering "Skip-A-Payment" this month.
    So, I do not have to make my loan payment in December.

Maybe by January, I will find a way to make up for my salary cut. In the meantime, I'm grateful to my CU.
    smile smile

43. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

I had a couple of teeth pulled today, one being a wisdom tooth; and here pretty soon I'll be having about a couple of my front teeth pulled, and will be getting partials.

Normally this wouldn't be good news, but I've waited for about eight years to get into the affordable dental clinic here.

Oh, and having this day, and possibly the next two days off is pretty good in itself.

44. kingbyname profile image61
    kingbynameposted 14 years ago

This morning, walking to work at 6 a.m
    I heard a tawny owl shriek right above my head.

smile

45. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

I got up this morning.

(It is good news according to the bedtime prayer.)

46. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

My good news, had 2 orders on amazon this morning and one conversion. Assuming they don't cancel the order and all goes well I will have my first amazon sale!!!!!!!!!

47. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

my cat is a champion mole hunter

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)