jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

refferal tracker help

1. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

I often wondered why i was getting nothing from my referral trackers,i found out a little while ago that when i click on them i get an error message
    "We're sorry, that page could not be found!

If you typed the URL yourself, please make sure that the spelling is correct.
    If you clicked on a link to get here, there may be a problem with the link."

I have tried different permutations with no luck they are all directed to the same page.
    I am Launching a new website on Friday "yourthedancer.com" which if my market research is accurate could turn out to be quite succesful, i have added a banner ad for hubpages on the site and i would like to have my referral link working before the launch, i have referred a few authors to the site but have had no referral fees for any of them because of this problem.
    thanks guys .....jimmy
    ps i used the old logo any chance you could send me an updated version...lol ty

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 9 years ago

Hi jimmythejock -

I'm sorry you've been having problems with your trackers. You're right - the syntax has to be exactly correct or it will not resolve correctly.

The full instructions are at this link.

You can always test a link by copying it and pasting it to your browser. It should immediately resolve to the page you had inserted your tracker into, with the tracker disappearing. That computer, if it hadn't been cookied in the last 2 hours by another referral tracker, will be cookied with your referral tracker for 30 days (although it could get overwritten by another after 2 additional hours).

If you're still having problems, feel free to email me and we'll get to the bottom of it.

As for the logo, let me know the specs you'd like (dimensions) and I can get one to you. We should have some more banners ready soon for anyone to grab and install on their site.

Good luck with your Website launch this Friday!

- Jason

3. jimmythejock profile image84

Thanks Jason, i sent you an email with the referral tracker i have been trying to use, maybe i am missing something?, and thankyou for wishing me luck i will need it lol. take care ....jimmy oops nearly forgot i will email you again tomorrow with the logo specs.

4. jimmythejock profile image84

Jason your a hero, links are working great now and the banners you sent me are perfect thanks,thanks and thanks again.....jimmy
    ps. did I say thanks

5. Jason Menayan profile image60

My pleasure, Jimmy.

- Jason

6. jimmythejock profile image84

I got the site up and running Woo Hoo, although not on search engines yet it recieved over 5000 visitors on day 1.
    www.yourthedancer.com

7. Jason Menayan profile image60

Impressive! I like it!

Wishing you continued success - may your site be the go-to source for Scottish dance information on the Web!

- Jason

working