jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

A couple of questions... help would be appreciated ^^

1. John Kounoupis profile image62
    John Kounoupisposted 7 years ago

Hey there! I'm new to HubPages, and have a few questions.

1) I've posted like 3 Hubs, but I don't seem to be getting a lot of views, any tips on how to get more people to read them?

2) I wanna sign up for Google Adsense soon, after I create a few more Hubs, and was wondering what do I put in the field where it asks for a URL?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

John

John Kounoupisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

bump ^^

2. Stimp profile image80
      Stimpposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Self promote to your friends, etc. through facebook or whatever.  Then get involved in some of the forum conversations so Hubbers know you are out there.  While I don't get a ton of traffic, I do get most of it from my pals here on HubPages....Thanks Guys!!!

Hey, thanks for the answer. Does anyone know about the URL thing though?

1. Lily Rose profile image84
          Lily Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Use hubpages.com when you sign up for Google AdSense, then as you create hubs, input the individual hub URLs as URL channels.

Welcome to HP!  I do agree that you seem to be a bit impatient - it took a very long time (or so it seemed) to get views to my hubs - backlinking takes a lot of work and time.  If your content is good and original and you are using good keywords, the traffic will come.

Read hubs by relache, darkside, sunforged - great "teachers"!

3. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You've been here 9 hours!

I would recommend patience but seeing that you bumped this thread within an hour I don't think you'll have it.

2. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 7 years ago

If you have a separate website put the HubPages widget on it.  I've got it on my blogspot and it seems to help.

Is there a way to just put in a hubpages URL? Maybe the profile URL? Anyone know of anything like that?

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

for the url, you want to use the adress listed in the toolbar on your profile page. hubpages.com/profile/your name

Thanks!

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

John, while you're waiting for your Hubs to get views (and it will take 3 or 4 months,not 3 or 4 hours), you can spend the time by reading the Help menu and the Get Started guide thoroughly.  Read all of Darkside's Hubs on how to Hub (you'll find the links on his profile).  Read Lissie's Hubs and blogs on how to make money online.

If you just want other Hubbers to read your Hubs, you can achieve that by participating intelligently in forum debates.   If you're here to earn money, you have a big learning curve ahead of you.  It doesn't come easy, you actually have to study.

Good luck!

working