If your using Open Office to compose your hubs offline
than I think you will find this little extension to be amazing
http://extensions.services.openoffice.o … s#comments
Writer's Tools is a set of utilities designed to help OpenOffice.org users perform a wide range of tasks. Using Writer's Tools, you can back up documents, look up and translate words and phrases, manage text snippets, and keep tabs on document statistics. Writer's Tools includes the following utilities:
* Lookup Tool lets you look up the currently selected word in several online references, including Cambridge Dictionaries, WordNet, and Google Define.
* Google Translate tool can help you to quickly translate selected text fragments between different languages using the Google Translate service.
* Show on the Map tool allows you to select a city, a street name, or a post code and map it using Google Maps.
* Email Backup tool can be used to quickly send a backup copy of the currently opened document to a specified email address.
* Multi-format Backup tool saves the currently opened Writer document in the Word, RTF, and TXT formats. The backup files are stored in a zip archive with a date stamp.
* Remote Backup allows you to quickly save a backup copy of the current document on an FTP server.
* Amazon S3 Backup tool backs up the currently opened document to Amazon S3.
* Start/Stop Timer tool can be used to keep tabs on the time spent on the currently opened document and save the time data (the document name, used time, and date) in the accompanying WriterDB database.
* Quick Converter lets you perform conversion between the metric and imperial systems. The default conversion rules can be easily expanded.
* Post to Microblog tool can be used to send messages to the Identi.ca and Twitter microblogging services.
* Bookmarks tool allows you to bookmark often-used documents, so you can access them with a few mouse clicks.
* Word of the Day tool picks and displays a random word and its definition from the accompanying WriterDB database. As a writer, you may often come across a new word or an interesting expression. The WriterDB database allows you to store your language findings in one place, while the Word of the Day tool helps you to keep them active in your memory.
* Add to Noteboook tool is designed to quickly add text snippets, links, and notes to the supplied database.
* Database tool opens the WriterDB database, where you can use the available forms to manage notes and tasks.
* Visual Word Count tool shows the current word count and lets you monitor your writing progress.
* Tasks tool is a no-frills to-do manager that allows you to quickly add, view, and export tasks.
* miniInvoices is a customizable invoicing solution for writers. miniInvoices is built with OpenOffice.org Base and relies on the Sun Report Builder extension. The solution features support for multiple currencies and basic reporting capabilities. The latter allows the user to generate print-ready invoices and earning reports. miniInvoices is available as a separate download.
ive only had it myself for an hour or so, but im very impressed
just a heads up, its a free little extension, just like for firefox, word has them too, maybe you never knew the office products were customizable?
you could even tweet from open office w/ this if you so desired
by TIMETRAVELER220 months ago
I decided to dust off a print book I published almost 30 years ago and turn it into an e book. Problem is that I work in MSWorks and everybody seems to want Word! I don't have word, don't like word, don't...
by IvyCrenshaw6 years ago
I am looking to find the best way to make a pattern available on hubpages, for others to print out. It is my own design, and I have researched several PDF programs, but they all seem to have a cost, and little to...
by TIMETRAVELER222 months ago
I am struggling with learning about ebook formatting and am wondering, if you have published an ebook, exactly how you format your work. What fonts, allignment, etc. do you use or does it matter? Help...
by Virginia Matteo13 days ago
Is it possible to import a table from a Word document to a hub? If so, how can I do it?
by writinginalaska6 years ago
I am trying to copy/paste either a PDF or a Word Document into a text capsule and no matter what i do it is not pasteing. I scanned this document on a Scansnap scanner and it makes a PDF file. I tried...
by Susan Keeping7 years ago
I've taken the plunge and got my own domain to host a new blog. It's going to be called Writers Biographies. I'm using Wordpress. Can anyone suggest any plug-ins you think I should add? I have added Akismeht and Google...
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.