jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

New Article With 55 Page Views and No Adsense Click

1. glendoncaba profile image81
    glendoncabaposted 7 years ago

I usually average 40 to 50 page views per day for all my hubs combined.  On a good day might go up a bit.  As the hubs age I have been seeing some improvement but nothing to write home about.

I checked this evening and I saw over 50 page views for the following hub, which has made my overall views much higher than usual. 
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Jamaica-Symphony-Orchestra

I have received Google Adsense income from another hub, but none from this article with high page views (at least for me).

Am I being smart-priced by HP or is there another explanation?

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The ads that I saw when I read your hub were all about airfares to Jamaica - so there might not be a good set of ads to mesh with your topic. Who do you think will be adversting for the Jmaica Symphony Orchestra? And that doesn't mean that I don't think your hub is good.

And quite frankly 100 views on a hub might not be enough to generate a click. I would consider this hub to be an entertainment hub, and those don't generate huge amounts of clicks per view. It can be very frustrating to try to make money using adsense. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I hope the hub does continue to heat up and that it does start to make some $$$.

glendoncabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the wise words.

CORRECTION:  100 page views overall for day for all hubs.  Yea, pitiful.  But I persist. 

Now you understand why I get excited when one hub generates over 50 for one day.  I usually get clicks for that kind of traffic.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I see that you have mostly (really good) poems posted. They just don't tend to drive a lot of traffic, as you are experiencing, and very few clicks.

That said, if you have seen an upsurge in traffic to one hub, it's probable that there was some news item about it that drove searches up and is probably temporary.

As for why you have no clicks, listen to Nelle. She knows from whence she speaks! smile

Thanks for the kind words lrohner.

My observations on the above-mentioned hub were made when I had 99 hubs, of which only about 5 or 6 are poems.

I have over 6000 page views in 6 months but very little Adsense income.

Overall I have written on a number of topics.  I have recently registered with TKA but doing lessons too slowly. So my writing not yet reflecting their method.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have an overall CTR of around 1% - so 1 in about every 100 impressions. Remember that hubpages take 40%, so 100 page views only gets me 60 impressions. Not everybody clicks an ad, as simple as really.

I suggest that you read more about keywords, seo, backlinking etc; there are some great hubs about this. You are not suffering from a lack of clicks, you are in fact suffering from a lack of traffic; 6000 page views in 6 months just isnt very many at all for your number of hubs.

To put it into perspective.... I have 10-15 hubs which EACH generate over 50 page views each day.... but thats not necessarily because my hubs are better than yours, its because I have taught myself how to compete for search engine traffic....

Thanks for statistical and marketing perspective.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Don't worry the Keyword Academy will help you get your page view, traffic and adsense up. It's a great program. You're writing is great - with a different focus the money will start to pour in soon.

I've been lazy with TKA.  Need to pull out notebook and get back in class.

4. Dao Hoa profile image60
    Dao Hoaposted 7 years ago

You are doing a lot better than me. If I get 10 clicks per day per hub, I'll be overjoy. LOL, not all of my hubs get click every day!

However, listen to the seasoned hubbers. They are have lots of experiences. Good luck.

Do you mean clicks or pageviews?

I do not average 10 pageviews per hub per day.  We are talking page views of 0.5 per hub.

Only 20% of my hubs generate page views, at rate of 1 to 5 page views per day.  Fortunately for me I still get Adsense clicks with the low traffic but very little.

Now you see why I get all hot under the collar when I see a spike in pageviews and not the corresponding click through.

5. Dao Hoa profile image60

I am still learning after 5 weeks.

Welcome to hubpages.  Best wishes for your success.

2. Eileen Hughes profile image83
      Eileen Hughesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey do not panic  I am still learning things (slow)  after 2 years  and I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning
      Getting better at last. cheer up

6. Dao Hoa profile image60

Thank you.

7. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Traffic does not automatically equate to clicks.  There are lots of ways to make Hubs that get eyeballs which never convert to revenue.

working