What is the average conversation rate for amazon? How many clicks?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Terryandco profile image58
    Terryandcoposted 14 years ago

HELP! Ive had over 50 clicks now and not a single sale - whats going on!

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that per day, per week, per month...?

2. profile image0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 14 years ago

I think people might be peeved that they clicked looking for an article and found a straight up advertisement. I'm new at this too - def not an SEO guru, but I'd try giving a little more to the reader and a more subtle sell.

If you think about when you are searching for info yourself, it's really annoying when it's just promotional stuff and you immediately click the back button. You need to hook them in to hang around a bit longer.

Having said that, I wouldn't expect a high Amazon conversion rate and 50 clicks isn't really a lot.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Well my Amazon conversion rate is normally just under 1% on about 500 clicks per month (at least it is this month). So no sales from 50 clicks is normal.

I would be asking yourself however, how come I am getting 500 Amazon clicks per month with 185 hubs.... whilst you are getting just 50 with 155 hubs?

I think that aquaseacreative is onto something there, all you are rea lly doing is giving people a huge list of items..... whilst my sales pages generally look something like this http://hubpages.com/hub/USB-Humping-Dog

Look at hubs by Nelle Hoxie and Mark Knowles for good examples of sales pages.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some of yours dont look too bad to be honest, your fishing ones looked alright, but this one http://hubpages.com/hub/Buy-A-Swarovski … ent-Online is just way over the top, you have no images, and far too many items.....

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

good advices, thanks, Mr Ryankett, I see your new avatar now, YEHEY!!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Check out Nelle Hoxie's hubs to see the proper way to do a hub aimed at Amazon buyers.

6. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Out of 30-something hubs of mine, only 12 push Amazon products. I get way more than 500 Amazon clicks per month and have an average monthly conversion rate of around 4%.

There definitely is a way to do Amazon properly. UW gave you good advice. I've learned everything I know about Amazon sales from Nelle, and it has definitely paid off.

In addition to Nelle's approach, I have found that singling out individual items and really writing each one up with both pro's and con's has driven a lot of sales. When you can come up with something slightly negative to say about a product along with the good, you are seen as an unbiased review. Good Lord, I've sold so many dang cookbooks, blow dryers and Christmas cards it's pathetic! smile

The other trick to Amazon is to write copy and intro text that is geared to someone in the shopping frame of mind -- not someone who wants to read and learn. Screw teaching them something and just give them sales copy, plain and simple. They may not buy what I'm selling, but quite often they buy something from Amazon. About 50% of the stuff I've sold the past few months were not things I was selling. Individual sales have ranged from $10 for a Christmas ornament up to $400 on some electronic stuff that I don't even know what it is! smile

7. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My top seller right now is a roaster oven.  Sold 4 in one day!

If I'm writing to sell, I put my own twist of writing into it, I generally write to sell items I have or have used so I have a working knowledge of the item.

1. profile image0

You go girl!!!! Those should sell right through the Christmas Holidays too. Although they might not do well for Valentines Day. At least I hope not.

8. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I decided to try some buy online type Amazon orientated hubs recently. I sold a Nikon camera a few days after launching the first along with several Zhu Zhu pets. That brought in $35. Since then, nothing. None of them have really had time to mature in Google yet but I'm not expecting ten buy online hubs will bring in much. It's more of a pilot project to see if I have the ability to sell through Amazon.

1. profile image0

LOL of course you have the ability to sell through Amazon - or as much as anyone does. It is a harder nut to crack these days.

9. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Shoot for at least 800 words of marketing copy - 1,200 might even be better.

10. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I've had no conversations about my Amazon links.  smile

11. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

I just kind of went whole hog with Amazon this Christmas and it actually really paid off.  Sold multiple X-Boxes for about 300 dollars each and dozens of games and toys.  Never really thought it was possible, but if you get people who want to buy apparently it isn't as hard as I thought.

1. profile image0

I'm lovin' all these success stories about selling online!

12. Terryandco profile image58
    Terryandcoposted 14 years ago

Thanks everyone, Thats taken on board! Up untill now I have been making my hubs based on generating income through adsense - which I have been doing OK on. So i am new to amazon so will see how it goes.
    do you think there is more earning potential with Amazon than Adsense?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)