HubScoring

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. aliceone profile image61
    aliceoneposted 14 years ago

My best guess so far at attaining a mysterious high score is that you should utterly ignore content and attractiveness. It looks to me like Hubpages prefers to give people who use few to no ads of their own in their Hubs the big scores. The type or length of information does not matter. Quality pictures and relevant video don't count. Good grammar, a popular subject--nope. I think I'll just continue to build really beautiful, informative, well-written Hubs, try to sell a few products where I can and not worry about my number.     

Maybe I could get a bump if I went out and tried to play nice with all the other Hubbers, but I'd prefer people to find my information for their interest or its merit, rather than because I came around and poured sugar in their ears, offered to trade favorable ratings among friends. Plus, hey, I'm too busy writing to constantly get out to read everyone else's stuff.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. As long as you make your hubs attractive and a worthy read, you don't need to worry about these. I'm just saying cause I got the same impression as you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Alice, I'm sorry you're getting so frustrated.

The first thing to know is that HubScore is not important.  It's a measure of your participation in the HubPages community as well as the quality of your Hubs.  You don't have to trade fans or backlinks (I don't).  You just have to comment in the forums from time to time so that other Hubbers know you exist. 

Personally, I hang around the Hub-related forums and rarely bother with the rest:   that way, I'm sharing my own knowledge and learning from others too, rather than just idle chit-chat.

Points to note:  if any of your Hubs are copied from your other blogs or articles, the score for that Hub will be heavily penalized.  HubPages doesn't want duplicate content, whether it's your own work or not.  If you have enough duplicated Hubs, that will affect your Hubber score.

If you're trying to publicise your other sites, then you should make them proper links on your profile page - it's allowed.

3. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Alice, I am going to agree with Marissa on this one don't give up and don't get frustrated just keep writing, focus on the outside traffic more then the inside traffic although that is quite important as well and your hubs score will work its way up. Just like Marissa said ignore the score smile

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Ditto, Alice. What they said.

Hubbers can be good for the ego, but they're not going to make you money. Unless you're relying on HP for backlinks to other blogs/websites, don't worry about your hubscore.

5. Eurosquid profile image60
    Eurosquidposted 14 years ago

Not sure that hubscores dont mean anything. I read that if my hubscore drops below 75, all of my links become no follow links. I checked and it appears to be true, as my profile is relatively new . So, I am looking for hints about how to keep my hubscore above 75. Any pointers? I did not know that forum activity affects hubscore. What else does?

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keep writing hubs with an eye for getting organic traffic.  I have a hub about that, if you're not sure what that means. 

Based on what I've seen with a couple of others who I know personally that don't do anything but write hubs and get healthy amounts of traffic, that is a big part of your score.  I believe the forum commenting and anything else you do on hubpages other than creating hubs is a way to get noticed as Marisa said, so it helps you get internal traffic which can also boost your hubber score.

Look up to the top right of this page and search the forums for hub score.  You will find a wealth of opinions from other hubbers, many of which have been around for a long time.

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both your hubs have links to footed-pajamas.info

And one of them has three links.

Remove one link off the hub that has three, and see if you can drop the footed-pajamas.info link from the other hub completely and just rely on the link to your lens.

That could help lift your HubberScore.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)