jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

1. aliceone profile image60
    aliceoneposted 6 years ago

My best guess so far at attaining a mysterious high score is that you should utterly ignore content and attractiveness. It looks to me like Hubpages prefers to give people who use few to no ads of their own in their Hubs the big scores. The type or length of information does not matter. Quality pictures and relevant video don't count. Good grammar, a popular subject--nope. I think I'll just continue to build really beautiful, informative, well-written Hubs, try to sell a few products where I can and not worry about my number.     

Maybe I could get a bump if I went out and tried to play nice with all the other Hubbers, but I'd prefer people to find my information for their interest or its merit, rather than because I came around and poured sugar in their ears, offered to trade favorable ratings among friends. Plus, hey, I'm too busy writing to constantly get out to read everyone else's stuff.

1. 0
      Pacal Votanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. As long as you make your hubs attractive and a worthy read, you don't need to worry about these. I'm just saying cause I got the same impression as you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Alice, I'm sorry you're getting so frustrated.

The first thing to know is that HubScore is not important.  It's a measure of your participation in the HubPages community as well as the quality of your Hubs.  You don't have to trade fans or backlinks (I don't).  You just have to comment in the forums from time to time so that other Hubbers know you exist. 

Personally, I hang around the Hub-related forums and rarely bother with the rest:   that way, I'm sharing my own knowledge and learning from others too, rather than just idle chit-chat.

Points to note:  if any of your Hubs are copied from your other blogs or articles, the score for that Hub will be heavily penalized.  HubPages doesn't want duplicate content, whether it's your own work or not.  If you have enough duplicated Hubs, that will affect your Hubber score.

If you're trying to publicise your other sites, then you should make them proper links on your profile page - it's allowed.

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Alice, I am going to agree with Marissa on this one don't give up and don't get frustrated just keep writing, focus on the outside traffic more then the inside traffic although that is quite important as well and your hubs score will work its way up. Just like Marissa said ignore the score smile

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Ditto, Alice. What they said.

Hubbers can be good for the ego, but they're not going to make you money. Unless you're relying on HP for backlinks to other blogs/websites, don't worry about your hubscore.

5. Eurosquid profile image60
    Eurosquidposted 6 years ago

Not sure that hubscores dont mean anything. I read that if my hubscore drops below 75, all of my links become no follow links. I checked and it appears to be true, as my profile is relatively new . So, I am looking for hints about how to keep my hubscore above 75. Any pointers? I did not know that forum activity affects hubscore. What else does?

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
      Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Keep writing hubs with an eye for getting organic traffic.  I have a hub about that, if you're not sure what that means. 

Based on what I've seen with a couple of others who I know personally that don't do anything but write hubs and get healthy amounts of traffic, that is a big part of your score.  I believe the forum commenting and anything else you do on hubpages other than creating hubs is a way to get noticed as Marisa said, so it helps you get internal traffic which can also boost your hubber score.

Look up to the top right of this page and search the forums for hub score.  You will find a wealth of opinions from other hubbers, many of which have been around for a long time.

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Both your hubs have links to footed-pajamas.info

And one of them has three links.

Remove one link off the hub that has three, and see if you can drop the footed-pajamas.info link from the other hub completely and just rely on the link to your lens.

That could help lift your HubberScore.