jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Better to revise a bad hub or re-publish under new title?

1. Blogger Mom profile image80
    Blogger Momposted 8 years ago

I have a few hubs that I wrote when I first started that are pretty poorly written and have very low traffic numbers.  Is it better for me to edit and add content and text to the existing hub?  Or am I better off deleting the original hub and starting from scratch, even if the topic is the same or similar?

The reason I'm asking is that I wrote a hub about french presses that I ended up revising, quiet heavily.  I added more text, pictures and links.  Even with all of this, the traffic has not increased to the hub.  Now I'm thinking I wasted my time with the original and should have just started fresh.  What are your thoughts?

Blogger Mom

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Whether you're revising an existing hub or starting from scratch with the same material, the outcome is still the same.

Be patient with Search Engines. Sometimes they're like a fire engine and come rushing to the fire. Other times they'll get there when they get there.

The important thing to note is that if you've written original content, then it will eventually be indexed. How much traffic will depend entirely on the topics popularity.

That's not to say that people should target popular keywords, just that one webpage getting 50 visitors a week could be equal to the success of another that gets hundreds a day.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've done well just editing and revising Hubs that I felt were poor performers rather than starting over.  Granted, some of them took a few revisions and some months to improve, but overall it does seem to do the trick.

3. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Definitely revise your hubs.  This week will see me revising my first five, actually, to tweak them and improve them.  It is a good practice to look over your previous work and give it a little extra polish over time. smile

4. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image91
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago

Great questions, which I too am having...

Relache - you are a good mentor here on the forum.  I thank you, for your willingness to always be a teacher.

5. Blogger Mom profile image80
    Blogger Momposted 8 years ago

Thanks,  I kind of figured that...being new I just wanted to see what seasoned Hubbers usually did. smile

- Blogger Mom