jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Linking Sites

1. michaelmac profile image61
    michaelmacposted 9 years ago

Is it possible to link a hubpage to a squidoo page?

Thanks

2. caspar profile image82
    casparposted 9 years ago

Yes, you can make a link to a Squidoo lens in a link capsule or in a text capsule. 

But don't make more than two links to the same domain in one hub, as it could be flagged as over promotional.

3. michaelmac profile image61
    michaelmacposted 9 years ago

Thats great, but how do you actually do it?

4. Dorothea Stuart profile image60
    Dorothea Stuartposted 9 years ago

Hi Michael
    I've linked to a squidoo page of mine quite easily.  You can put the link in the the body of text you are writing.  Click on the link symbol and put in the url of your squidoo page http://www.squidoo.com/yourpagename in the box provided.  You choose if you want the link to open in a new window or not. You choose the words for the link you want to have visible in the article. Hub pages make this very easy for beginners - I can tell you as a beginner! 

The alternative is to add a link module which similarly leads you through the process.  You put in the Squidoo url for your page and you can add an enticing description to encourage people to click through.

You have my sympathy.  Learning the two systems simultaneously is confusing.  But on the plus side we'll soon be expert at both!

5. Dorothea Stuart profile image60
    Dorothea Stuartposted 9 years ago

Hi Michael
    I've linked to a squidoo page of mine quite easily.  You can put the link in the the body of text you are writing.  Click on the link symbol and put in the url of your squidoo page http://www.squidoo.com/yourpagename in the box provided.  You choose if you want the link to open in a new window or not. You choose the words for the link you want to have visible in the article. Hub pages make this very easy for beginners - I can tell you as a beginner! 

The alternative is to add a link module which similarly leads you through the process.  You put in the Squidoo url for your page and you can add an enticing description to encourage people to click through.

You have my sympathy.  Learning the two systems simultaneously is confusing.  But on the plus side we'll soon be expert at both!

working