jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What was your intent when you joined HubPages?

1. sunflowerbucky profile image76
    sunflowerbuckyposted 6 years ago

I'm confused.  I am very new to HubPages, and maybe I sort of missed the point.  I thought the point of HubPages was to share your writing.  However I am seeing more and more about people making money, and those that are making money are basically writing ads for products.  While making money would be fun, I have absolutely no desire to write ads or product reviews.  I write more because I enjoy it than anything else.  I won't lie, I love it when other people enjoy my writing as well, or when my hubscore goes up, but my goal is not to make money.  What was your intent when you joined HubPages?

1. Bovine Currency profile image61
      Bovine Currencyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mixed intent really for me.  This is a big community there are many ways to move around it.

2. Himitsu Shugisha profile image77
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like yourself I'm relatively new to the site and my sole intent when joining was to write and get feedback from other writers as well as read the works of others. I admit it's enticing to see how others are making money on the site, but I don't know if I'm ready to write those types of ads.

2. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

Main goals here are to meet others help them out and open up lines of communication with people I would not have otherwise. Thats via the forums.

With my hubs I use them to push products and review products to earn affiliate commissions from and a little adsense on the side. Hubpages rank higher and quicker in search engines compared to building your own blog and is the core reason why I build my pages here.

3. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I just wanted attention - and I got so much more!